Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

How to Play Music From Android Wear – XDA TV

Yesterday, we showed you how to do some advanced things with your Moto 360 quite easily … more

[Q] LG G2 T-Mobile stuck in CWM after OTA

OP vvfs

12th April 2014, 11:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I've already tried http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476 and several other threads and I've run into different problems for all of them.

I can boot into download mode. The drivers are installed and seem to be working (it says LG D801 in Device Manager). I've tried both methods in the thread above. The first one doesn't work at all because the phone has to be booted in normal mode.

The second one doesn't work either. I get to where the FlashTool says READY, but when I plug the phone in while download mode is on, nothing happens. I thought this might be the COM port, so I went to change it in Device Manager, but the option isn't even available. The tab isn't available in the device properties.

There are several old zips I have on the phone that I've tried flashing, no dice. The LG Mobile Support Tool (that allows you to update the phone) just says that the software is up to date and won't let me do anything.

I'm going in circles now trying to fix this, anyone know what to do?

Thanks!

edit: adb also doesn't recognize the device. I think it might work to install TWRP and use the command in http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451696 from the phone, but I don't know how to replace CWM with TWRP.

edit 2: got adb working by installing the pdanet driver! I installed TWRP so I'm on that now. The commands in that thread still don't work though.
Last edited by vvfs; 13th April 2014 at 02:28 AM.
12th April 2014, 11:45 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,489

2,538 posts
More
if you have adb access you should be able to use the first command from here to boot normally
13th April 2014, 12:09 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu

if you have adb access you should be able to use the first command from here to boot normally

Thank you, however adb does not recognize it. adb devices returns nothing.
13th April 2014, 01:20 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida

2,538 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvfs

Thank you, however adb does not recognize it. adb devices returns nothing.

well to install twrp you would just need to flash the zip from inside cwm, but if adb doesn't recognize the device then you cant adb push
13th April 2014, 01:28 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:

well to install twrp you would just need to flash the zip from inside cwm, but if adb doesn't recognize the device then you cant adb push

So I'm SOL?
13th April 2014, 02:40 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:

I got adb working now and installed TWRP, but the commands in the thread you posted didn't fix anything.

I've flashed a couple of ROMs and it still boots to recovery.
13th April 2014, 05:34 AM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida

2,538 posts
More
okay so you already tried dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota and dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc from the terminal inside twrp(one after the other), also since you got adb working did you try the ones through adb dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota of=/sdcard/fota-backup.img and dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread