Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,032 Members 52,737 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia mic and proximity problem

Tip us?

chikuera
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Xperia mic and proximity problem

First it was a speaker automatically turns on during call,
Then the mic doesnt works during call but surprising working well in recording apps and in service test(both mic working)
Now the proximity sensor isnt working.. help me
[IMG][/IMG]

fvidania
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikuera View Post
Then the mic doesnt works during call but surprising working well in recording apps and in service test(both mic working)
[IMG][/IMG]
I have the same problem with the calls!! my mic works fine in recording apps, but it doesn't work with the phone. However it works making calls via Skype, I'm so frustated with this. I think it started happening since we updated to 4.3

Bassheadzero
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Please verify the kernel you're using.. I'm was with that problems and the problem is a kernel from an previous ROM version

.:Sony Xperia ZQ(ZL) Black:.

Kylez
Old
(Last edited by Kylez; 13th April 2014 at 01:44 AM.) Reason: lol
Thanks Meter 14
i have same problem too....in test(service test, xperia diagnostic, recorder) both microphone is ok no problem....but during call....other people can't hear my voice(too low)...and the weird problem...during call i can hear my own voice in ear speaker....i 'm already disable microphone noise suspression and reflash stock rom with clean install too...unlucky the problem was appeared after my warranty ended ...please help me...sorry for bad english

coolrevi
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikuera View Post
[IMG][/IMG]
For proximity calibration you need to do a factory reset. every sony phones will give same error without factory reset. you can test it by keeping auto brightness on. if it changes according to the background lighting well you can say its working. however mic problem two reason. either water or dust might have entered in the part of mic or there will be a coating on the top of mic which might have been moved a bit which makes it difficult to make calls only.

take it to service or use to manuals the open it yourself to check it out.