Sort of unbricked...bootlooping @ CM logo...

10th April 2014, 01:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32

166 posts
So, I wanted to flash stock firmware and ended up doing something wrong and kept getting "No OS installed" in TWRP (newest version). I couldnt flash anything and my 1st gen Kindle fire would get stuck on "kindle fire" logo. Finally mounted the tablet via TWRP and transfered the latest nightly of CM to the tablet. After flashing it, I am getting an error saying "E:Cannot mount /data" Now when I boot I get the CM boot logo (YAY! progress) but it is stuck in bootloop at the logo. I've tried KFU and the Unbrick utility, but the unbrick utility keeps saying "device offline" even though when I use "adb devices" from CMD it lists it as there. I'm glad I finally got past the kindle fire logo, but now I'm stuck at CM logo. Is this do to the error about not being able to mount data? How can I fix this? Thanks to anyone who can help a brotha out.
10th April 2014, 06:16 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Dakota
Thanks Meter: 1,527

3,890 posts
Donate to Me
More
stock kindle will only install the twrp 2.2.2.1
cm11 will only install on twrp 2.6.3.0 or newer

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

make sure you are downloading rom complete.
best to check md5 [How to] Verify that your download is complete with MD5/SHA-1 Hash Checksums
and instructions on how to change twrp versions in my list

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

sd_shadow's collection of links for: Kindle Fire 1

13th April 2014, 06:50 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32

166 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow

stock kindle will only install the twrp 2.2.2.1
cm11 will only install on twrp 2.6.3.0 or newer

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

make sure you are downloading rom complete.
best to check md5 [How to] Verify that your download is complete with MD5/SHA-1 Hash Checksums
and instructions on how to change twrp versions in my list

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

sd_shadow's collection of links for: Kindle Fire 1

Thanks for the help. Turns out I just had to wipe in TWRP and that updated the partition details and /data was able to mount. At leat I think that's what happened. All is I know is that it works!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread