Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,772 Members 52,820 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sort of unbricked...bootlooping @ CM logo...

Tip us?

supremekizzle
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Default Sort of unbricked...bootlooping @ CM logo...

So, I wanted to flash stock firmware and ended up doing something wrong and kept getting "No OS installed" in TWRP (newest version). I couldnt flash anything and my 1st gen Kindle fire would get stuck on "kindle fire" logo. Finally mounted the tablet via TWRP and transfered the latest nightly of CM to the tablet. After flashing it, I am getting an error saying "E:Cannot mount /data" Now when I boot I get the CM boot logo (YAY! progress) but it is stuck in bootloop at the logo. I've tried KFU and the Unbrick utility, but the unbrick utility keeps saying "device offline" even though when I use "adb devices" from CMD it lists it as there. I'm glad I finally got past the kindle fire logo, but now I'm stuck at CM logo. Is this do to the error about not being able to mount data? How can I fix this? Thanks to anyone who can help a brotha out.

sd_shadow
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1317

DONATE TO ME
stock kindle will only install the twrp 2.2.2.1
cm11 will only install on twrp 2.6.3.0 or newer

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

make sure you are downloading rom complete.
best to check md5 [How to] Verify that your download is complete with MD5/SHA-1 Hash Checksums
and instructions on how to change twrp versions in my list

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

sd_shadow's collection of links for: Kindle Fire 1

No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, that's what the forums are for.
Notify me by Posting @sd_shadow in thread I'll help you as much as I can...
Always in motion is the future

supremekizzle
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow View Post
stock kindle will only install the twrp 2.2.2.1
cm11 will only install on twrp 2.6.3.0 or newer

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

make sure you are downloading rom complete.
best to check md5 [How to] Verify that your download is complete with MD5/SHA-1 Hash Checksums
and instructions on how to change twrp versions in my list

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

sd_shadow's collection of links for: Kindle Fire 1

Thanks for the help. Turns out I just had to wipe in TWRP and that updated the partition details and /data was able to mount. At leat I think that's what happened. All is I know is that it works!