5,815,179 Members 38,457 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Will the 4.4.2 international update work for us?

Tip us?

joshtb86
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default [Q] Will the 4.4.2 international update work for us?

Will the 4.4.2 international update work for us? It's for the lte version. Anyone check?
vzw gs4 rooted, stock 4.3
galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition, rooted and stock
nexus 7 (2013) stock rooted 4.4 with ART

Snakehn
Old
Thanks Meter 24
no
The Following User Says Thank You to Snakehn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chamberc
Old
Thanks Meter 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshtb86 View Post
Will the 4.4.2 international update work for us? It's for the lte version. Anyone check?
LOL, nope, not even close.
The Following User Says Thank You to chamberc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joshtb86
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by chamberc View Post
LOL, nope, not even close.
anyone think about porting it to safestrap enabled rom?

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1,607

DONATE TO ME
I think they're doing something like that for ATT people but they got the 4.4 update I believe so that's a different story.

Only way a Verizon users have gotten 4.4 TW is by being on an MDK S4 and using jrkruse's patch.

Hashcode and some others are working on things though... Just have to be patient.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Mistertac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gigilie
Old
Thanks Meter 620

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshtb86 View Post
anyone think about porting it to safestrap enabled rom?
umm yeah dude. dont try it unless you like hardbricked phones like my S4 :P seriously. wait means wait so chill guys we've explored all options available outside of Safestrap modification which we'll leave up to hash its his beautiful baby. if your that bored and on MK2 with SS try flashing the first ever found supposed AOSP rom i havent tried it cause my phones currently bricked from trying to get us to 4.42 :P
The Following User Says Thank You to gigilie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joshtb86
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
looks like well be waiting. thanks guys!

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1,607

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigilie View Post
umm yeah dude. dont try it unless you like hardbricked phones like my S4 :P seriously. wait means wait so chill guys we've explored all options available outside of Safestrap modification which we'll leave up to hash its his beautiful baby. if your that bored and on MK2 with SS try flashing the first ever found supposed AOSP rom i havent tried it cause my phones currently bricked from trying to get us to 4.42 :P
That sucks man that you hard bricked it trying to get 4.4.2 on it?? I'll log into PayPal and send you something to help.. May not get you another S4 lol but maybe it'll pursued others to send you something too and it can add up.

I'm usually on AOSP ROMs but I've seen what you've been bringing all the SafeStrap folks and you're good people! Keep fighting the good fight.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

PayPal confirmation 2VW90385UW2404115

gigilie
Old
Thanks Meter 620

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac View Post
That sucks man that you hard bricked it trying to get 4.4.2 on it?? I'll log into PayPal and send you something to help.. May not get you another S4 lol but maybe it'll pursued others to send you something too and it can add up.

I'm usually on AOSP ROMs but I've seen what you've been bringing all the SafeStrap folks and you're good people! Keep fighting the good fight.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

PayPal confirmation 2VW90385UW2404115

hey THANKS BRO! Really appreciate it. Actually got it to a state that I believe its restore-able some how via software only just a matter of expanding our knowledge a bit. Surge just hooked me up with a file now I'm trying to get my buddy over here so I can copy half his phone n try this SDCARD method one more time... Otherwise its off to JTAG but at least its not shot. Picked up an S3 from a friend but VZW refuses to add the IMEI in and I wasnt commited to changing the number. I spose your lovin 4.42 on mdk now :?) really wishing I could still flash custom kernels and my mdk didnt overheat... course i thought if I did a warranty I'd get a new MDK model suprised to open box and pull out an MJ7 thats been refurbished, damn NASA lol

soon as our systems get leveled out i'll be publishing for MDK again. I'd do updates for my current ports but I don't know that theres enough mdk users that would want foxhound 4.6 or omega 28 or echo 20 n im pretty sure jrkruse's zips auto port now so those all probably work with just a flash of his... im jealous of mdk users yall got it made

The Following User Says Thank You to gigilie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]