Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,319 Members 51,134 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] N9005 Battery Drain

Tip us?

Spudz30
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] N9005 Battery Drain

Hi guys, Noob alert hahahaha. Long time stalker first time poster.

I like many others have terrible battery performance with my Note 3 N9005. Mine began 2 months after purchase, no root etc. Tried everything and sometimes it would be fine, other times drain like hell. Now I am rooted using chainfire, I run clockwork mod, use nova launcher etc. My wifi never sleeps, so I have to turn it off manually and for the most part since rooting last month, installing greenify etc, I can get nearly 3 days sometimes out of a battery, which includes streaming spotify, browsing etc (I don't play games on my phone). Still my wifi never sleeps. But every so often lately the major battery drain has begun again. Last night I went to sleep on about half and woke up nearly dead. I am attaching a copy of Better Battery stats in the hope someone can explain what the cause is. I also noticed the cpu running at 300hz for most of the time.

thahim
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudz30 View Post

I like many others have terrible battery performance with my Note 3 N9005. Mine began 2 months after purchase, no root etc. Tried everything and sometimes it would be fine, other times drain like hell. Now I am rooted using chainfire, I run clockwork mod, use nova launcher etc. My wifi never sleeps, so I have to turn it off manually and for the most part since rooting last month, installing greenify etc, I can get nearly 3 days sometimes out of a battery, which includes streaming spotify, browsing etc (I don't play games on my phone). Still my wifi never sleeps. But every so often lately the major battery drain has begun again. Last night I went to sleep on about half and woke up nearly dead. I am attaching a copy of Better Battery stats in the hope someone can explain what the cause is. I also noticed the cpu running at 300hz for most of the time.
How did you get this log?

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005

Spudz30
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by thahim View Post
How did you get this log?

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005
I just saved bbs as a text file.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spudz30 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1,415

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

*#011# - Choose menu from softkey, switch WiFi power mode to OFF. May solve it. -
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)

Spudz30
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
*#011# - Choose menu from softkey, switch WiFi power mode to OFF. May solve it. -
I just get a message saying required service unknown.

xclub_101
Old
Thanks Meter 317
Quote:
I just get a message saying required service unknown.
I think it is *#0011# ; I also suspect you might need to set power-saving ON there in the WiFi menu, but that is just my guess.

In your log above the main problem seems to be Spotify and some other programs with wakelocks, maybe also stuff related to Bluetooth and WiFi vs Mobile Data.
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7

Spudz30
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by xclub_101 View Post
I think it is *#0011# ; I also suspect you might need to set power-saving ON there in the WiFi menu, but that is just my guess.

In your log above the main problem seems to be Spotify and some other programs with wakelocks, maybe also stuff related to Bluetooth and WiFi vs Mobile Data.
Wifi powersave was already on. Spotify runs pretty well all day at work. When at home bt and wifi are always switched off before I go to bed. My other issue and one I assume most note 3 owners have, is using the internet sucks 1% per minute. No joke. I can listen to music for hours and lose 3%, but use the web and I lose 1% per 1-2min. I lost 3% just typing this. Only once and it straight after root, did my phone not lose any percentage whioe on net for 15min. Uninstalling google play used to help also, but that does not seem to make any difference anymore. I never use location services or auto updates, so bugger me how to fix this.

xclub_101
Old
Thanks Meter 317
Quote:
Wifi powersave was already on. Spotify runs pretty well all day at work. When at home bt and wifi are always switched off before I go to bed. My other issue and one I assume most note 3 owners have, is using the internet sucks 1% per minute. No joke. I can listen to music for hours and lose 3%, but use the web and I lose 1% per 1-2min. I lost 3% just typing this. Only once and it straight after root, did my phone not lose any percentage whioe on net for 15min. Uninstalling google play used to help also, but that does not seem to make any difference anymore. I never use location services or auto updates, so bugger me how to fix this.

Reset BBS statistics and do a log for one of those periods of just a few minutes when you lose 1-3%.

Also check if power-save mode in the phone makes any difference.
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7