Note 12.2 Battery Life

Search This thread

Android.Ninja

Jan 3, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Why music app takes too much battery even when not used. ..I have not even played music for one time but it has eaten up 8 % battery..? Is there any way to stop it from running in the background?

Sent from my SM-P901 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Rom toolbox. You can set autorun permissions. Keep things from starting themselves

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

+1 Autorun permissions will definately take care of that!

Developers don't need no stinkin' signature!
If I've been able to help you, please hit the "Thanks" button. ;)

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

The battery is good, if I dont use it, I just turn off to save battery. Otherwise i need to charge everyday (wifi on, sync, games, web, no sleep mode), now I can use few days in a row on single charge, depends on what I'm doing on it. This is not a smartphone/cellphone, so he dont need to be everytime on

If you make a few correct system wide changes / adjustments, you wouldn't need to worry about having to turn off. ;)
I get an average of 4 to 5 days standby with normal to moderate use.

dodo99x

Apr 2, 2011
Ottawa
A full boot sequence can use more power than letting it sleep overnight

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Android.Ninja

Jan 3, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Its only ~1min to boot ;). But if you have time, you can post some settings :)

Sure, I'm traveling at the moment, however when I reach my destination I can see about posting my settings. Be glad to help out if I can. :)

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

A full boot sequence can use more power than letting it sleep overnight

Yup, This is absolutely true. Been there, and tested that. :)

expatriate

Jul 12, 2009
I charge every night and it last a business day without problems.

Gesendet von meinem SM-P900 mit Tapatalk

mikeakanice

Nov 5, 2013
So, I charged my battery to 100% last night to do a battery test this morning. I have all my notification options off except for wifi, reading, and power mode. I used the battery guide posted for the 10.1 http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-life-how-youre-being-robbed.html#post3248366. I used a youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0x7ZsTioCQ (supposedly at 1080) and these are the results that I got at the 50% marker
Screenshots_2014-05-01-16-27-48.jpg

Not sure how some of you are getting such insane battery life. I I double that I would get around 8 hrs and 20 minutes or so. Something wrong with my battery? I'm on power save and auto brightness. That's 8 hrs and 20 min on screen time I should just clarify

Last edited:

{Diemex}

Jan 30, 2011
Germany
I got around 8 hours too with brightness set to about 60%, now I have brightness at about 30% and get 10 hours. I also have all samsung apps/features deactivated.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
@mikeakanice: I posted an edit to my post in your other thread on Android Central. Just want to reiterate exercising caution when looking at people's battery stats that they post. We're all different and we know that, and our subjectivity gets in the way of things sometimes. So when people post screenshots and claim battery life is great for them the subjectivity comes into play not only in what they perceived as good but in their perception of what their usage was like. Is heavy usage playing a YouTube video at max brightness for long periods of time? During that time if the video codecs are such that hardware acceleration assists and doesn't push CPU and GPU to max speed then perhaps not. Perhaps heavy should be a video game that does indeed push CPU and GPU to the breaking point and holds them there for hours on end. . . .

IMO what heavy shouldn't be is having the screen on for long periods while simply sitting there reading the screen 90% of the time. Sure, this seems to some as heavy but when others push processing speeds up due to other types of use compare themselves against a frequent browser/reader they're liable to feel as though they're missing the mark.

In the end unless our usage patterns keep CPU/GPU speeds at the same levels for the same durations and we use the same screen brightness throughout there's going to be differences in battery life between people. The key to comparing yourself to others claiming great battery life seems to be in trying to determine what their usage is and then seeing if that matches your own. If they don't provide enough information to make that determination then it's not worth getting caught up in their numbers. (Hint: you'll never find someone whose usage matches your own.).

viannaf

Sep 18, 2010
battery life

Well those numbers some people are saying they have make my tablet look like broke right now I am using gsam to test and it seems in Web browsing with I suppose 50 % brightness I will get around 9 hours only so how people here got so many hours is making me worried I have a broken device with a bad battery ?

zadigre

Aug 28, 2006
Montreal
Well those numbers some people are saying they have make my tablet look like broke right now I am using gsam to test and it seems in Web browsing with I suppose 50 % brightness I will get around 9 hours only so how people here got so many hours is making me worried I have a broken device with a bad battery ?

why are you thinking that your device is broken?

most users here are getting between 8 and 10 hours...

Sent from my Galaxy NOTEPRO 12.2

viannaf

Sep 18, 2010
why are you thinking that your device is broken?

most users here are getting between 8 and 10 hours...

Sent from my Galaxy NOTEPRO 12.2

well some people here if you go read say they get around 16 or even more... so 9 hours is nothing...
got me worried...
my old tablet lasts a lot more but it has a custom rom dont know if that has influence...

zadigre

Aug 28, 2006
Montreal
well some people here if you go read say they get around 16 or even more... so 9 hours is nothing...
got me worried...
my old tablet lasts a lot more but it has a custom rom dont know if that has influence...

No one in this thread said 16 hours...

16 hours of screen time is impossible to reach unless maybe if you disable everything (wifi and bluetooth) and put the brightness at the minimum.

Your device at 9 hours screen time is perfectly fine.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900W8 with Tapatalk

viannaf

Sep 18, 2010
temperature

No one in this thread said 16 hours...

16 hours of screen time is impossible to reach unless maybe if you disable everything (wifi and bluetooth) and put the brightness at the minimum.

Your device at 9 hours screen time is perfectly fine.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900W8 with Tapatalk

what is the temp of us tablet in normal use like web browsing ? I tend to get 33 c seems hot or is normal ?

kradcliffe

Sep 28, 2010
Aberdeen
Does anyone have any idea why I'm getting random battery drain with "Android System"?

I have frozen loads of things in TB but it still happens now and again. I've installed BetterBatteryStats but haven't a clue how to get any decent info out of it!

Keith

viannaf

Sep 18, 2010
temperature

I can get about 15 hours of screen time with WiFi, gps and sync off, no SIMcard, brightness at 60%, most bloatware killed (as much as possible without root) whilst playing LOTR Trilogy in Diceplayer at 720p.

p905, Not rooted, Apex Launcher, no SIM.

I would like to know how hot u r tablets get I think mine gets too hot for my taste please let's share temperatures under different types of uses even when idle I get 28 c and sometimes when Web browsing I hot to 40 c what I think it's absurd never a phone or tablet I had got this hot so share u r experiences

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
Not sure I agree with 40c being absurd. That's just 104F, barely more than someone with a fever. .. I don't push my tablet hard but I hardly think that these are prone to higher heat than other devices.

I would like to know how hot u r tablets get I think mine gets too hot for my taste please let's share temperatures under different types of uses even when idle I get 28 c and sometimes when Web browsing I hot to 40 c what I think it's absurd never a phone or tablet I had got this hot so share u r experiences

28ºC is a very normal temperature, depending on the ambient temperature.

It's currently 28ºC in my flat, and my tab(p905) has been idle for two hours inside a neoprene sleeve. BetterBatteryStats verifies it's been in deep sleep, no wakelock or rogue app. CPU-Z lists the battery temp as 38.2ºC. Idle.

I've put it in front of the fan, still in deep sleep, for 10 minutes. It's now at an idle of 30.6ºC. It'll stay at that level, considering the ambient temperature.

You need to understand, we're dealing with a 2.3Ghz Quadcore powerhouse (or an Octa) inside a plastic shell with no fans, no holes and no heatsink. Most phones don't contain hardware this powerful. The plastic is the only way it can drain off the heat, making it feel hot to the touch.

You should start worrying around 60ºC. It'll start slowing down around 65-70.

The safety limit on modern Lithium-Ion batteries is around 100ºC. (Because these devices are also sold in part of the world where the average daytime temperature lies well above 40, such as the UAE.)

When the device gets to a point where the temperature starts to approach dangerous levels, the device gives off a warning and automatically shuts down.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cool ShadoLea !

I suspected standby life to be quite long on these things. I observe excellent standby behavior on my wifi version as well even with wifi on (though obviously there is some increased wake times).

I can't believe you can last that long (over a month) without using the tablet daily for hours on end. What other devices do you have that the Note Pro is left unused for that long?

My laptop, mainly. (It's a high-end one) As a daily driver a Note 3, alongside an S5 and a TabPro 8.4.

The main reason I haven't used it for that long is that I've been hooked on Cities Skylines and I did a replay of Dragon age 1 and 2. :p I also decided to do a re-run marathon of Supernatural two weeks ago (I'm halfway into Season 6), and as the harddrive is NTFS I've been doing that on my laptop. :D (My old mediaplayer won't read ExFAT, and FAT32 is too small for blurays... So I'm stuck with NTFS.)

Combine that with the massive amount of photo's I've had to process in Camera RAW and PS CS6..

For me, although I top off nightly if I were to try to replicate your test and went from 100% to 20% on a single charge it'd take me a bit over 3 days since I typically log in about 3 or more hours of screen on time daily.

It's definitely nice that these tablets can be left unplugged for long periods without worry about discharge. I remember being jealous of my wife's iPad that could do that back when I had my first Verizon Galaxy Tab 10.1. Kernels have come a long way.

Haha, yea, standby life used to be terrible! I remember my old Tab 2 couldn't last more than 2 days on standby! :eek: Such an improvement!

I have to admit, I've been a bit childish all day, shoving that screenshot in the face of every Apple user I know that keeps saying how battery life on Android is terrible... :laugh: