Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,303 Members 42,510 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Not able to connect to Odin V3.07 or Sam kies

Tip us?

Chachito
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Not able to connect to Odin V3.07 or Sam kies

Hi guys,

I'm new to this also did alot of reading before I post this thread.

I've a a Samsung GT-I9500 Tried connecting it with Odin or Sam kies they are not able to connect to device. Also noticed that my pc in device manager at portable devices it recognize it and give that it's a GT-I9500.

I wanted to root the device but was not able with Odin (reason that it does not connect) so I tried motochopper which worked for me and also detected the phone. Forgot to say I've installed USB driver for samsung galaxy s4 before trying to connect with odin also with Sam kies.\

After rooted with motochopper was able to dwnl titanium back up and root but now I'm stock at the part of flashing.

Now I want to flash my rom to get new firmware but I'm not able cause the Odin does not detect device. Also when I turn off phone to boot in download mode by pressing vol dwon , home button and power button. It tells me factory mode then a bunch of (guess) chinese menu option.

Because of this went to search if my device was original or fake and still not sure tried many things and apps which tells me that it original.

My whole question is what should I look at to let Odin connect with device.

Charles

Joku1981
Old
Thanks Meter 548

DONATE TO ME
Its a clone for sure. Go to Menu - Settings - More - About device and attach the screenshot for confirm it

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA

Chachito
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Joku think you are right did some more reading and installed CPU z and got in system hardware mt6589 which suppose is the clone s4. Also attached screenshot about.

In this case as I have a lone which I manage to root is there a way to still root it?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1397352869768.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	2683176   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1397352888445.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	2683177  

Joku1981
Old
Thanks Meter 548

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chachito View Post
Joku think you are right did some more reading and installed CPU z and got in system hardware mt6589 which suppose is the clone s4. Also attached screenshot about.

In this case as I have a lone which I manage to root is there a way to still root it?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app
XDA dont give support clones. Sorry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA