5,595,645 Members 45,477 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Would you like MIUI on your Verizon ONE?
Yes! I have been waiting.. 28 73.68%
Yes but any more flashing will fry my phone! 4 10.53%
No...NSA spying on us is bad enough! 4 10.53%
What the heck is MIUI? 2 5.26%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

MIUI on Verizon HTC One :victory:

Tip us?

sk842018
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Any support going on for this?

santod040
Old
(Last edited by santod040; 24th March 2014 at 05:13 AM.)
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5120

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedegeon View Post
So is this still being worked on or was it dropped?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonestown View Post
Looks to be that way, or at the very bottom of his priority list, based on the multitude of other ROMs he works on which seem to get updated quite frequently.

I think this guy hit snag and refuses to ask for help.

That said, really wanted this prior to leaving the country, but I'll just port my own version. Suggest anyone else holding their breath to do the same.
Not sure whom you expect that I ask for help...or why you think I refuse to do so.
Used to working alone and it seems many devs make things a contest rather then a collaboration these days and I'm not interested in a contest...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifford View Post
if you do, can you post it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk842018 View Post
Any support going on for this?
JellyBean version is highly unlikely at this point...
I spent much time on it and it worked quite well, except for one negative side effect.
Data and cell network are fine, as long as you stay on the Miui rom.
But once you decide to flash back to another rom, your NV radio partitions would be borked.
This would force any user that moved to another rom after this, to restore a stock based rom and stock recovery and perform a factory reset.
This can be a time consuming hassle for me and probably most any user.
I do not and will not post a rom that would cause such things to be needed after running it.

With all of that said, another reason for the delay is that Miui is on the verge of releasing their new Kitkat base real soon.
Chances are that a kitkat base would work out much better for us, as a port, since 4.4 natively supports all radio frequencies if enabled properly.
Whereas past versions did not have this native support.
Not to mention that most folks would rather be on Kitkat based roms at this point anyways.

So, is there still a Jellybean version in the works? No, not really.
Does that mean I won't work on and/or release a newer Miui rom when the time is right? Not at all.
I have every intention to bring Miui Kitkat (v6) to the m7vzw when it's ready...

Sorry to those that were hoping for a sooner JB release.
Just didn't turn out to be a final product that I was 100% satisfied with and don't really wanna spend more time on a niche type rom, that is already very outdated.
I may or may not already have a Kitkat based miui leak that I've been digging into...
Current Devices: HTC Thunderbolt | HTC Droid DNA | HTC One

Follow me on Twitter
ULTIMATE WALLS WVGA Wallpaper Collection
Donations always appreciated! Never required!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to santod040 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jodaschmo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Took that like a champ. Thanks for the update! With the amount of excitement around here, some new info helps a lot.

As for JB, I don't think people are really interested in the Android version, to be honest, we just want a MIUI release. KitKat would be awesome, and I'm down with that, but like I said, just hearing something is cool. We really do appreciate your work, and what you said is an entirely valid point for not releasing it, however the way stated before seemed like it was a minor issue. IT IS NOT.

Again, thank you for all your hard work and am looking forward to a working release. Best of luck to you, sir!

syphix
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Santod, your continued professionalism is the reason I have no fear trying out any of your released ROM's. Thank you for your contribution to this forum and the dev community!!
The Following User Says Thank You to syphix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

osea23
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yes please Santod! I hope he's starting work on it.

UN5EEN
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Been searching around trying to find MIUI v5 for the Verizon HTC One. So far was only able to find for all other HTC Ones. Was curious if a v5 was in the works for the Verizon M7. Would definitely love to get my hands on it. Open to testing as well if it helps
As always, thanks for all the hard work you do.