Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,428 Members 47,454 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] exploding charger (original one)

Tip us?

Mr.Nigma...
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82
Default [Q] exploding charger (original one)

One question! Today i decided to charge my phone with its original charger for the first time! I plugged in the charger and after 20 mins or so i smelled like something was burning! Went to check the charger and it was halfway melted but the phone was still showing like it was charging! I disconnected it immediately and continued charging it with another charger! Now after fully charged my battery drops like a stopwatch! I wanted to ask a question ! Has anything happened to the phone or it is just a coincidence??

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

fanbogo
Old
Thanks Meter 152
so your device must be new yes?
send it back this can be something serious inside, and yes you have to use original charger to get best efect

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to fanbogo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mr.Nigma...
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanbogo View Post
so your device must be new yes?
send it back this can be something serious inside, and yes you have to use original charger to get best efect

I have it since august but stock charger was never needed! Phone works ok but dont know if it has done any damage

fanbogo
Old
Thanks Meter 152
get new oryginal charger and test it, but dont hold device in hand and watch whats going on, record this mate, 100% won case

The Following User Says Thank You to fanbogo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nateboi81
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Well if it still charges then it's ok. I had a similar issue but it cooked the USB port on the phone end. Give it a few full charge and discharge cycles. If the battery is draining quick then I'd do a warranty job

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to nateboi81 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mr.Nigma...
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82
Battery seems ok now after a day! Same screen on time and everything seems ok! Guess htc have implemented a safety mechanism on chargers end to protect the phone!