Ask a question

No registration required

Relocked one x+ bricked?

OP softlad069

12th April 2014, 09:24 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi All, I'm new to this so please be gentle.

I think i've managed to brick my phone. I had rooted it with a stock rom then I tried to put a custom rom on. The phone just sat on the
HTC
QUIETLY BRILLIANT screen.
I assumed that the boot.img was missing so went to do it using the all in one toolkit but somehow I manged to relock the bootloader again.

I am now in the position where I cant get into recovery, I can get into bootloader(locked) but I dont seem to be able to communicate with my PC.

HELP PLEASE
12th April 2014, 10:02 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

28 posts
Unlock the bootloader and flash a new recovery (use adb),the redo the whole process.
12th April 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #3  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 3

55 posts
More
Yeah 'qwesta' is right. You should unlock the bootloader and flash TWRP recovery

Sent from my HTC One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
13th April 2014, 12:34 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Talking All sorted
Thanks Guys I have sorted it.

I eventually followed your advise but at first had to cure the problem of a low battery. I sorted the battery out by using a batch file I found on XDA Developers which reboots the phone constantly and charges a little bit at a time. I took a couple of hours but my phone eventually had enough battery to let me unlock it and once that was done I could charge with no problem. I charged it up for a while then loaded the rom and boot image again and hey presto all back to life.

Thanks again Guys
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread