Flashing stock recovery to Homecare TN7

Tip us?

lees0088
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Homecare Fly One Tegra Note 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha T View Post
Does shaky156's version have a working wifi or any rom at all, (even 4.2) that has wifi, my TN7 is next to useless without it
I have a Homecare Flyone Tegra Note 7, bought from Pandawill.com, yesterday received the Kit Kat 4.4.2 update via ota but broke my gapps.

Decided to try and run the Supertool 2.1 with KitKat 4.4.2 restore and somehow it broke my TN7, keep going into boot loop.

Decided to trial and error, mix and match the boot.img and recovery.img and somehow managed to get a working combination.

Used Supertool 1.1 to restore my TN7 to JB 4.3 with stock Homecare boot.img and cwm-recovery.img and managed to get it working.

Used Supertool 1.1 to restore then reboot into bootloader and performed the following:

fastboot erase boot
fastboot flash boot boot.img

fastboot erase recovery
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

However, when I tried to use Supertool 2.1, my TN7 keeps going into boot loop.

Any ideas anyone?

Tha T
Old
Thanks Meter 2
sorry, there is no fix for that yet, so far anybody that's tried that has ended up with a bricked device or no wifi. if you can get back to the 4.3 that works fine that's great.

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Quote:
sorry, there is no fix for that yet, so far anybody that's tried that has ended up with a bricked device or no wifi. if you can get back to the 4.3 that works fine that's great.
but this problem is only with the Homecare fly one TN7
The Following User Says Thank You to Tha T For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tha T
Old
(Last edited by Tha T; 27th February 2014 at 11:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lees0088 View Post
I have a Homecare Flyone Tegra Note 7, broke my gapps.
ght from Pandawill.com, yesterday received the Kit Kat 4.4.2 update via o
Decided to try and run the Supertool 2.1 with KitKat 4.4.2 restore and somehow it broke my TN7, keep going into boot loop ....

Any ideas anyone?
Another thing you can try is sending your 4.4.2 update via bluetoth , then use the "wipe cache" in recovery then install zip - Bluetooth ... and then flas your boot.The Recovery won't allow any of the OTAs I've got but u might get lucky. Only wipe the cache files.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tha T For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lees0088
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Homecare TN7 on KK 4.4.2 finally!

Quote:
Another thing you can try is sending your 4.4.2 update via bluetoth , then use the "wipe cache" in recovery then install zip - Bluetooth ... and then flas your boot.The Recovery won't allow any of the OTAs I've got but u might get lucky. Only wipe the cache files.
Finally managed to get the Homecare TN7 to update to KK 4.4.2. This is what I did:

fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase recovery

fastboot format system
fastboot flash system 4.4.2system.img.ext4 (from Supertool 2.1)

fastboot flash boot boot.img (from stock 4.4.2 Homcare OTA upgrade)
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (cwm-recovery.img (6.0.45))

fastboot -w

fastboot reboot

and I got it to update to KK 4.4.2 finally.

Hope this helps those who have the Homecare TN7 and wishes to get rid of the Chinese apps and install the Google apps.

Just a note. I know why I could not get the Wifi to work on 4.3.1 updated with Supertool 1.5, this is due to mismatch in boot.img.

The boot.img has to match the version of android and device.

Thanks!

Tha T
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Finally managed to get the Homecare TN7 to update to KK 4.4.2. This is what I did:

fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase recovery

fastboot format system

fastboot -w

fastboot reboot

Hope this helps those who have the Homecare TN7 and wishes to get rid of the Chinese apps and install the Google apps.

Just a note. I know why I could not get the Wifi to work on 4.3.1 updated with Supertool 1.5, this is due to mismatch in boot.img.

Thanks!
Good work, but I don't think I'm going to upgrade any time soon, the ability to move apps to ext SD is one of the main reasons I bought TN7 so I'm not willing to give it up just yet.

mazen alrouby
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default good work man but i have the same problem now

Quote:
I have a Homecare Flyone Tegra Note 7, bought from Pandawill.com, yesterday received the Kit Kat 4.4.2 update via ota but broke my gapps.

Decided to try and run the Supertool 2.1 with KitKat 4.4.2 restore and somehow it broke my TN7, keep going into boot loop.

Decided to trial and error, mix and match the boot.img and recovery.img and somehow managed to get a working combination.

Used Supertool 1.1 to restore my TN7 to JB 4.3 with stock Homecare boot.img and cwm-recovery.img and managed to get it working.

Used Supertool 1.1 to restore then reboot into bootloader and performed the following:

fastboot erase boot
fastboot flash boot boot.img

fastboot erase recovery
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

However, when I tried to use Supertool 2.1, my TN7 keeps going into boot loop.

Any ideas anyone?
i need yor help to till me where i found stck homecare boot img

Tha T
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazen alrouby View Post
i need yor help to till me where i found stck homecare boot img
http://yadi.sk/d/S5MrVpfxHtdvQ

Freeje
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:

fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase recovery

fastboot format system

fastboot -w

fastboot reboot

Thanks!
So to install/flash the 4.3+ ROM you basically do the same steps except of course you use the appropriate files?
Note 2 N7102 - Shamsung U POS! Get rid of Knox!
Homecare Tegra Note 7

szm
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
fastboot flash boot boot.img (from stock 4.4.2 Homcare OTA upgrade) ...
I tried the SuperTool 2.2 , but I got stucked with the cycling "tegra Note" booting. After I installed "tegranote_insecure_boot.img" it went a step further but still not loading the OS.

do you have the latest ..Homecare boot.img ?