Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Any Telus Users Want To Help Me Unlock My Boot loader?

OP Black_halo

12th April 2014, 02:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 9
 
107 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
I recently bought my Xperia Z1 online and Love the phone but can't unlock my boot loader. When I bought the phone I hoped that unlocking would be allowed but sadly it was locked. I found out that my device is from Canada and under the carrier Telus. I spoke with Telus and they told me that they charge 35 bucks to unlock boot loader and since I am with At&t with the C6906 they told me that I would need an active account to unlock but I was going to buy a sim and get a prepaid plan but they ship no items to the USA. So Im aware that it is $35 but I will pay whomever does this for the 35 dollar charge plus 40 dollars for your time and it should not even take an afternoon to help me unlock. So if you are a Telus user and able to invoice me the 75 dollars via PayPal or some other means I will gladly pay. 😋😊😊
12th April 2014, 04:39 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Iloilo City
Thanks Meter: 1,685
 
2,877 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
I don't think they would really unlock your bootloader though... As far as my experience with sony since 2011 nobody has yet manage to unlock a locked bootloader even thru network operators. I think what they are talking about is network unlock which reps usually mistake between bootloader unlocking. So better sell it and get a real unlocked version instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_halo

I recently bought my Xperia Z1 online and Love the phone but can't unlock my boot loader. When I bought the phone I hoped that unlocking would be allowed but sadly it was locked. I found out that my device is from Canada and under the carrier Telus. I spoke with Telus and they told me that they charge 35 bucks to unlock boot loader and since I am with At&t with the C6906 they told me that I would need an active account to unlock but I was going to buy a sim and get a prepaid plan but they ship no items to the USA. So Im aware that it is $35 but I will pay whomever does this for the 35 dollar charge plus 40 dollars for your time and it should not even take an afternoon to help me unlock. So if you are a Telus user and able to invoice me the 75 dollars via PayPal or some other means I will gladly pay. 😋😊😊

12th April 2014, 04:47 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 9
 
107 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyal

I don't think they would really unlock your bootloader though... As far as my experience with sony since 2011 nobody has yet manage to unlock a locked bootloader even thru network operators. I think what they are talking about is network unlock which reps usually mistake between bootloader unlocking. So better sell it and get a real unlocked version instead.

It's already a SIM unlocked phone and I already spoke with Sony and they informed me to talk with Telus because it's carriers that request that bootloaders come locked. I called Telus and they told me that they had no problem providing the boot loader unlock code but I needed an active account to charge the fee. It's even on the Telus page somewhere where it states the fee for unlocking the boot loader.
12th April 2014, 07:42 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Iloilo City
Thanks Meter: 1,685
 
2,877 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_halo

It's already a SIM unlocked phone and I already spoke with Sony and they informed me to talk with Telus because it's carriers that request that bootloaders come locked. I called Telus and they told me that they had no problem providing the boot loader unlock code but I needed an active account to charge the fee. It's even on the Telus page somewhere where it states the fee for unlocking the boot loader.

That's the keyword there "Unlock Code" There's no unlock code when unlocking sony's bootloader. You generate a unique key file by executing some fastboot commands on your phone. An unlock code is used to unlock a network locked phone. Hate to be a bringer of bad news but network reps tend to have this reputation about misinforming you when it comes to technical details such as this. Once you say the words lock and phone they instantly associate it on network unlocking regardless of the other info you mentioned.
13th April 2014, 01:06 PM   |  #5  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 616
 
2,984 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
We are sorry to close your thread!

Your Bootloader is locked permanently and cannot be Unlocked.

End of story.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes