Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,206 Members 43,561 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia Z1 KitKat

Tip us?

samandroid1998
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Xperia Z1 KitKat

Hi all,

Recently upgraded to KitKat, found the option for 'Remote Shares'. I have a Network File Storage and was wondering how to set it up?

Cheers,
Sam.

B1nny
Old
Thanks Meter 548

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by samandroid1998 View Post
Hi all,

Recently upgraded to KitKat, found the option for 'Remote Shares'. I have a Network File Storage and was wondering how to set it up?

Cheers,
Sam.
Follow the wizard that your phone shows you when you click the "+" button, seems pretty straightforward to me.
If you could tell us what it is exactly that you don't understand we'll be able to help you in a better way, I think.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

"However, if you put any trust in Benchmark Scores you could use them
to prove that dancing naked for 5 minutes in your garden affects device performance" - Chainfire
The Following User Says Thank You to B1nny For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

samandroid1998
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1nny View Post
Follow the wizard that your phone shows you when you click the "+" button, seems pretty straightforward to me.
If you could tell us what it is exactly that you don't understand we'll be able to help you in a better way, I think.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
It's just where I put my Ip address&file location.

B1nny
Old
Thanks Meter 548

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by samandroid1998 View Post
It's just where I put my Ip address&file location.
The IP-address of the host/file share server would go in the "Host" field and you can't enter a file location. You share a folder (on Windows I presume?) and in the "Remote path" field you enter the path to this folder.

For example:

On my F:\ drive I create a folder, then I right-click on it and go to properties. Then I go to the "Sharing" tab and click the "Share..." button. In this window you can choose who will be able to enter the folder you're about to share, do your think and hit the "Share" button. After that in the "Network File and Folder Sharing" box, Windows will show a so called "Network Path", in my case it is for example:
Code:
\\POTATO\Share
This is the path that you enter in the "Remote path" field.

"However, if you put any trust in Benchmark Scores you could use them
to prove that dancing naked for 5 minutes in your garden affects device performance" - Chainfire