Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,692 Members 40,724 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Request for a Rom

Tip us?

slyii
Old
(Last edited by slyii; 13th April 2014 at 10:14 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Request for a Rom

First of all i would like to apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong section.
I have been using custom roms on my GS4 for about half a year, haven't posted anything till now.
Again sorry if i did anything wrong,

Anyway, like i said ive been using custom ROMs for about half a year, I've tried pretty much all the roms that work with safestrap.
There was really only one that i felt comfortable with and it was Flight5: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2418522
Problem was that it would loose root when using it with safestrap, and back then i didn't know how to fix that.
Ive updated my GS4 to 4.3, rooted it and added safestrap to it, but Flight5 hasnt been updated in a while and of course doesnt work with 4.3.
I am currently using Hyperdrive, which is a great ROM but i feel like its too much for me.

So my request is for a bare-bones ROM like Flight5 for android 4.3 w/TW.
Of course working with safestrap and rooted.

A few things i would like added are the following:
  1. Torch Light on lockscreen by holding volume up
  2. Hold Menu button to kill app

The main reason i want a bare-bones rom is because Flight5 had an unbelievable battery life, which is about the only thing i want other than the 2 things posted above.
Hopefully other people want a ROM like this. I wish i had time to learn to make ROMs and do it myself, but sadly i dont.
Anyways thank you in advance if anyone takes this one, shouldn't be so hard to make i think.

Maribou
Old
Thanks Meter 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyii View Post
First of all i would like to apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong section.
I have been using custom roms on my GS4 for about half a year, haven't posted anything till now.
Again sorry if i did anything wrong,

Anyway, like i said ive been using custom ROMs for about half a year, I've tried pretty much all the roms that work with safestrap.
There was really only one that i felt comfortable with and it was Flight5: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2418522
Problem was that it would loose root when using it with safestrap, and back then i didn't know how to fix that.
Ive updated my GS4 to 4.3, rooted it and added safestrap to it, but Flight5 hasnt been updated in a while and of course doesnt work with 4.3.
I am currently using Hyperdrive, which is a great ROM but i feel like its too much for me.

So my request is for a bare-bones ROM like Flight5 for android 4.3 w/TW.
Of course working with safestrap and rooted.

A few things i would like added are the following:
  1. Torch Light on lockscreen by holding volume up
  2. Hold Menu button to kill app

The main reason i want a bare-bones rom is because Flight5 had an unbelievable battery life, which is about the only thing i want other than the 2 things posted above.
Hopefully other people want a ROM like this. I wish i had time to learn to make ROMs and do it myself, but sadly i dont.
Anyways thank you in advance if anyone takes this one, shouldn't be so hard to make i think.

Not trying to be rude, seeing how this is your first post and all, and you are probably gonna get flamed pretty hard about this, we usually don't ask for things like this around here. We use what our amazing developers give us. This is a hobby for most of them, something they do on their free time. They normally don't take request, especially request for a custom Rom for a few members.
You could always try Blackbox if you want a lightweight Rom. As far as the special "Features" you are looking for, check out xposed framework.
Have a good day. Good luck, and godspeed young noob.
Code:
Parable 1,595,277,641
Like the instar, tunneling to the surface\n
We must shed our own circumferences;\n
Find the divinity within and emerge.

slyii
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maribou View Post
Not trying to be rude, seeing how this is your first post and all, and you are probably gonna get flamed pretty hard about this, we usually don't ask for things like this around here. We use what our amazing developers give us. This is a hobby for most of them, something they do on their free time. They normally don't take request, especially request for a custom Rom for a few members.
You could always try Blackbox if you want a lightweight Rom. As far as the special "Features" you are looking for, check out xposed framework.
Have a good day. Good luck, and godspeed young noob.
Yeah i imagined it would be like that, wasnt sure if i was going to ask, but meh, dont have anything to lose.
thank you ill look into that

garwynn
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7400

DONATE TO ME
Going to close this thread before this goes south.
You might want to consider posting in Q&A if there are ROM tweaks that may give you some of the features you're looking for instead of asking for a developer to create a custom ROM for you.
Of course there's always the option to start learning how to make one yourself.
Thanks!
Contact: Twitter || Google+/Hangouts (Non-Moderator issues only please)
Useful Links: Forum Moderator List || Forum Rules

Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!
(That includes RTs, RCs, RDs/SRDs, FMs/SFMs and the people who maintain the site.)
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe