[Q] Anyone working on a root method for firmware 5.18?

13th April 2014, 04:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
Hello, a friend of mine, bless his heart, took all the updates from AT&T for his HTC One X. Now it has the dreaded 5.18.502.1 firmware that can't be rolled back (or can it?). He recently got a new phone and I would like to buy his off of him, but if it's not able to be rooted, I will likely decline. So I was wondering, is ANYONE working on a root for this, or does anyone know of anybody who is? If it's in process, I might still buy it and suck it up for a few months until it becomes publicly available, so I would like to know. I would like to get off of my Huawei Sonic on Cyanogen 7.2, since no further updates are available for it and probably never will be (for the price, it's a great phone once rooted and flashed with a Benru89's ROM). Thanks!
13th April 2014, 09:17 AM   |  #2  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 548

1,783 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by asilaydyingdl

Hello, a friend of mine, bless his heart, took all the updates from AT&T for his HTC One X. Now it has the dreaded 5.18.502.1 firmware that can't be rolled back (or can it?). He recently got a new phone and I would like to buy his off of him, but if it's not able to be rooted, I will likely decline. So I was wondering, is ANYONE working on a root for this, or does anyone know of anybody who is? If it's in process, I might still buy it and suck it up for a few months until it becomes publicly available, so I would like to know. I would like to get off of my Huawei Sonic on Cyanogen 7.2, since no further updates are available for it and probably never will be (for the price, it's a great phone once rooted and flashed with a Benru89's ROM). Thanks!

wrong forum this is for international One X not for AT&T
13th April 2014, 01:19 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 6,402

13,453 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by asilaydyingdl

There is no root method available for the latest 5.18 firmware. It cannot be rolled back without s-off, which would first require an unlocked bootloader and root, such would first need a root method. I doubt whether a hack for this latest software like firmware is being worked on or will be released. It might happen, but I certainly wouldn't hold your breathe.

Sent from my One XL using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
5.18, 5.18.502.1, firmware, htc one x, root
Previous Thread Next Thread