Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 44,573 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] how stable are the kitkat roms for the galaxy note N7000?

Tip us?

junaidmatlub1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] how stable are the kitkat roms for the galaxy note N7000?

Hi xda people,

Just wanted to know whether any of the masses of different kitkat builds currently being produced by any developers are stable enough to use as a daily driver. I also wanted to know if kitkat roms have fixed the youtube stuttering/lag/freezing that I always found on the AOSP 4.4/4.3 roms. I'd try out the kitkat roms myself, but I for some reason I can never get any 4.4 rom past the boot screen. I just want to know if kitkat is worth the time I'll have to put in to get it to work.

nokiamodeln91
Old
(Last edited by nokiamodeln91; 12th April 2014 at 11:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2628
Then amount of time you have to invest in trying out a new rom is not even close to what the devs have to put.. So respect, stop asking such questions and try out a rom, decide for yourself.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nokiamodeln91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Anonymous Vagrant
Old
Thanks Meter 64
All KitKat roms as of now are facing sdcard FUSE deadlock bug forcing media server to go on forever with temporary treatment fix which you can find in the forum.

We are sharing the same fate with i9100, therefore progress on the bug report can be seen from here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2612329

ronnie498
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2118
Mod Edit

"Best" or "Recommend" ROM/kernel/browser threads are not allowed on XDA.
Please test these things for yourself.
This is the only way you will get an unbiased opinion,and then, you can decide for yourself if it meets YOUR needs.

Don't forget to make a nandroid before you start.

Thread Closed

ronnie498
Forum Moderator
The Following User Says Thank You to ronnie498 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe