Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,696 Members 37,315 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked

Tip us?

cherylbaker
Old
Thanks Meter 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkensunday View Post
Just got back from Sprint Store. They said my warrenty is void and there is nothing they can do. I guess I will redownload and try on a pc. I'll be back.... ugh.
When you tried odin did you run it in administrator mode? I think your suppose to

Cheryl

micmars
Old
Thanks Meter 9104
Quote:
Just got back from Sprint Store. They said my warrenty is void and there is nothing they can do. I guess I will redownload and try on a pc. I'll be back.... ugh.
Do you have a backup of your EFS?

Some of the things you're experiencing are indicative of that possibility.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
"...dismiss whatever insults your own soul." - Whitman
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them." - Louis CK

drunkensunday
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Well thank you everyone for your suggestions. I got it all set now. Apparently Odin just doesn't play well with VMware on mac. I used the same one click file on a pc and it worked first time. I don't own a pc so I borrowed my Fathers laptop. I will be installing Bootcamp so I can actually install windows in case this ever happens again. Hope my frustrations help someone in the future. Again, thanks everyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to drunkensunday For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kaos420
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1588

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Well thank you everyone for your suggestions. I got it all set now. Apparently Odin just doesn't play well with VMware on mac. I used the same one click file on a pc and it worked first time. I don't own a pc so I borrowed my Fathers laptop. I will be installing Bootcamp so I can actually install windows in case this ever happens again. Hope my frustrations help someone in the future. Again, thanks everyone.
how about that old kaos called it. lol idk why but virtual just isnt as reliable as the actual o.s ive had that issue with Linux before as well.
Phone: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rom: Kit Kat 4.4.2 Prl: 16015 With 3G Roaming Kernel: Lean SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC Class 10
Tablet: Asus TF300T 32GB Internal with Dock Rom: CROMi-X 5.3 Kernel: Hundsbuah SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC CLass 10
Retired Devices Galaxy SIII / HTC Evo 4G Lte / HTC Evo 3D / HTC Evo 4G / HTC touch Pro 2 / HTC Touch Pro / HTC Diamond / HTC Vouge / HTC Hero / HTC Mogul / HTC apache
The Following User Says Thank You to kaos420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]