Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,340 Members 43,023 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Booting into Recovery Mode with Broken Home Button?

Tip us?

ChrisHilinski
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Booting into Recovery Mode with Broken Home Button?

I recently swapped motherboards with another Galaxy S3, and my home button has been non-responsive. Today, I made the choice to switch roms to Pac Man rom, and unfortunately it wasn't correctly installed onto my device. Settings isn't responding, neither is the Android system in general. I tried to boot into custom recovery, but I realized I cannot with a broken home button. Any way I can use an outside source to boot into recovery or download mode?

kidhudi
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHilinski View Post
I recently swapped motherboards with another Galaxy S3, and my home button has been non-responsive. Today, I made the choice to switch roms to Pac Man rom, and unfortunately it wasn't correctly installed onto my device. Settings isn't responding, neither is the Android system in general. I tried to boot into custom recovery, but I realized I cannot with a broken home button. Any way I can use an outside source to boot into recovery or download mode?
you can use rom manager or goo manager they will boot into recovery.

there is also an app in the playstore called something like quick boot will also work

garwynn
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7,469

DONATE TO ME
Moved to Q&A.
Contact: Twitter || Google+/Hangouts (Non-Moderator issues only please)
Useful Links: Forum Moderator List || Forum Rules

Donations: Please click on the "Donate to Me" on the left to donate to my Extra Life 2014 campaign.
All proceeds go to the Lurie Children's Hospital in downtown Chicago.

Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!
(That includes RTs, RCs, RDs/SRDs, FMs/SFMs and the people who maintain the site.)