Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 49,574 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [HELP] Bricked x10, undetectable flash mode

Tip us?

Yrahcaz91
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] [HELP] Bricked x10, undetectable flash mode

Long time reader, first time poster!

I'm still new to Android customization, so thanks for your patients.

As per the thread title, I've bricked my old u20a. I attempted to unlock via flashtool, as in this video (youtube /watch?v=5YP77IrBG). I got as far as the 10 minute mark - bootloader unlocked via flashtool, nAa kernal and ROM on the SD card, and tried to boot into recovery. It hung at the part you are supposed to press the back key to enter to enter the recovery menu.

I decided to re-flash the kernel. Still hung.

I then figured I'd reset to stock. I saw another item in Flashtool called BLRelock. (see attached screenshot) I flashed it to the phone. My phone became a brick.

Bottom line, I now cannot talk to my phone via SUSE, Sony PC Connect, or Flashtool. Device manager does not detect it. Have I killed my poor phone?

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_phone01.PNG
Views:	511
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	2683334  

SmG67
Old
Thanks Meter 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrahcaz91 View Post
Long time reader, first time poster!

I'm still new to Android customization, so thanks for your patients.

As per the thread title, I've bricked my old u20a. I attempted to unlock via flashtool, as in this video (youtube /watch?v=5YP77IrBG). I got as far as the 10 minute mark - bootloader unlocked via flashtool, nAa kernal and ROM on the SD card, and tried to boot into recovery. It hung at the part you are supposed to press the back key to enter to enter the recovery menu.

I decided to re-flash the kernel. Still hung.

I then figured I'd reset to stock. I saw another item in Flashtool called BLRelock. (see attached screenshot) I flashed it to the phone. My phone became a brick.

Bottom line, I now cannot talk to my phone via SUSE, Sony PC Connect, or Flashtool. Device manager does not detect it. Have I killed my poor phone?

Thanks in advance!
Yes you have... it can only be recoverd using a JTAG. You'll need to find a repairshop for that. And the BLRelock you found is called: X10BLRelock, and is for the big Experia X10, not for the Mini's, it writes to the wrong address-spaces which results in a hard-brick.

Yrahcaz91
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmG67 View Post
Yes you have... it can only be recoverd using a JTAG. You'll need to find a repairshop for that. And the BLRelock you found is called: X10BLRelock, and is for the big Experia X10, not for the Mini's, it writes to the wrong address-spaces which results in a hard-brick.
That's what I feared... thanks for confirming my suspicions. That'll teach me to mess with these things at 2 in the morning! I really appreciate the quick reply.