[Q] why the cm rom only 160mbytes?the samsung official rom is 1.3g

OP s1573

12th April 2014, 03:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
i wonder why the cm rom is so small,if i wanna flash my phone, i should use the cm installer and should i need to do other thing? i' a new guy. i haven't experience about flash cm rom. thanks.
12th April 2014, 05:23 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 37

192 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1573

i wonder why the cm rom is so small,if i wanna flash my phone, i should use the cm installer and should i need to do other thing? i' a new guy. i haven't experience about flash cm rom. thanks.

Don't even THINK about flashing your phone until you have done more reading and understand things a bit more, otherwise its a disaster waiting to happen.

As for your question, the other gig of stuff is mostly rubbish/bloatware that a lot of people don't want on their phone.
13th April 2014, 03:07 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSThing

Don't even THINK about flashing your phone until you have done more reading and understand things a bit more, otherwise its a disaster waiting to happen.

As for your question, the other gig of stuff is mostly rubbish/bloatware that a lot of people don't want on their phone.

thanks a lot, but my mother language is not english, so some words i don't know like gig. and by the way i have experience about update my phone and root ,but i use the odin and recovery not the cm installer.
13th April 2014, 09:00 AM   |  #4  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 814

2,503 posts
More
1.3 GB? Are you kidding me?

After installed or decompressed, it's over 2 GB!

And AOSP/CM11 only have size about 400 MB or so.
13th April 2014, 12:36 PM   |  #5  
Flag Benghazi
Thanks Meter: 220

404 posts
Donate to Me
More
i will tell you why?
because the Stock Firmware have all TouchWiz Features like : air gesture, smart stay, s beam, air view, multi-window, reading mode, smart pause, elc..

there is a lot of things in the Samsung TouchWiz
but when you look into CM its a Raw android, you just have every thing you need.
13th April 2014, 03:52 PM   |  #6  
Flag Chau Doc Vietnam
Thanks Meter: 107

436 posts
More
On the raw 160 M you must add the Gapps (google applications ) that are some 230 M. this lead to 400 Meg that is the minimum that can be reached by removing all the real Samsung bloat ware or so called!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread