Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 39,878 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Galaxy Exhibit II 4G (SGH-T679) Can't Boot

Tip us?

Adrian Gobourne
Old
(Last edited by Adrian Gobourne; 12th April 2014 at 08:10 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Samsung Galaxy Exhibit II 4G (SGH-T679) Can't Boot

My Galaxy Exhibit II 4G is about a year old, rooted and i have CM11 installed. Everything was fine, I had it plugged in (charging) and i was downloading an app (Camscanner) from the Mobogenie store when suddenly the phone shut off and the battery icon appeared with the loading circle in the middle.

This did not stay on for long as the screen would go off and this would again appear. After pulling the battery and removing the charger, then reinserting the battery, the phone would just flash the SAMSUNG logo in this very same manner.

I am unable to get into either recovery or download modes and when i try this combination (VOL UP + VOL DWN) i get:

RAMDUMP MODE
Cause: Force Upload

I have been reading forums for hours and i have found nothing. Is my device bricked? What can I do to recover it? Please, any help would be greatly appreciated

jfbs
Old
Thanks Meter 634
What happens if you try vol. up + power, or vol. down + power?

Adrian Gobourne
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfbs View Post
What happens if you try vol. up + power, or vol. down + power?
Thanks for replying. Nothing happens. It just continues to reboot like I'm not doing anything. The only way I'll get a reaction out of it is with vol up + vol down

jfbs
Old
Thanks Meter 634
It can be tricky. This post may be clear http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...50&postcount=6

Adrian Gobourne
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
The link you sent me to sounds similar to my problem, except I wasn't trying to update the firmware. The crash was spontaneous.

However, neither of those methods work. As soon as I put in the battery the SAMSUNG logo appears, then disappears and reappears and it continues like that... Pressing the power button does nothing, whether by itself or with the volume up/down button

I am beginning to panic

jfbs
Old
Thanks Meter 634
What happens when it's connected to power?

Adrian Gobourne
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Gobourne View Post
...battery icon appeared with the loading circle in the middle.
Anyway, after many hours of investigation I discovered it was a hardware problem. The power button was stuck and so it forced it to reboot repeatedly. It also explains why it (the power button) was unresponsive. Disassembling the phone and freeing up the power button solved the problem.

P.s. Your build of CM11 is boss

jfbs
Old
Thanks Meter 634
I have same problem with power button. Had to tweak it hard cause it was so sensitive.

Adrian Gobourne
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
It's the first time it's happened to me. Probably because I dropped it so many times