Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,034 Members 47,231 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Member asked me to review products, now banned

Tip us?

jfriend33
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Default Member asked me to review products, now banned

If someone could please move this to the right forum if necessary.

I received some pms in response to some product reviews of mine. They asked if I'd be willing to do a review on their product. Well they sent a package but one of them wasn't even mentioned previously.

A car dock, and a stylus were to be sent but I received a stylus and a screen protector for the m8.

Now I can't reach this user. The mobile profile says banned, yet the desktop site says unable to receive private messages.

Anyway just want advice on what to do. Otherwise I'll just review the one product as promised.

I've honestly never been approached to review any products for free so it's cool no matter what. But I was a bit apprehensive at first.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Jf

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.

jkentj
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfriend33 View Post
If someone could please move this to the right forum if necessary.

I received some pms in response to some product reviews of mine. They asked if I'd be willing to do a review on their product. Well they sent a package but one of them wasn't even mentioned previously.

A car dock, and a stylus were to be sent but I received a stylus and a screen protector for the m8.

Now I can't reach this user. The mobile profile says banned, yet the desktop site says unable to receive private messages.

Anyway just want advice on what to do. Otherwise I'll just review the one product as promised.

I've honestly never been approached to review any products for free so it's cool no matter what. But I was a bit apprehensive at first.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Jf

Sounds like somebody got banned for trying to use the forum to market their products.

jfriend33
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
That's crazy. It was done in a professional and non annoying manner.

Well whatever. I'm still going to do the review like I promised.

Judge Joseph Dredd
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator - Judgment is Coming
Thanks Meter 24209
The Member in question, could of been spamming his product via PM or the Threads, hence his removal. But either way Thread Closed and Thank You.
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe