Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,441 Members 44,075 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

2013 Nexus 7 randomly reboots, not sure how to troubleshoot.

Tip us?

futuremonkey
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default 2013 Nexus 7 randomly reboots, not sure how to troubleshoot.

This behavior started within the last month or so.

My Nexus 7 randomly reboots 2 or 3 times per day most days, but not every day. It's running the factory ROM and it's not rooted. It rarely reboots when it's actually being used. Usually the reboots happen when it's sitting idle. Googling around led to suggestions to take a bug report immediately after it reboots. I have a couple, but I don't know what I'm looking for in them. The files are over 111k lines long so it's not like I can just skim through the file. How can I go about finding out what's causing the tablet to reboot?

Captain Sweatpants
Old
(Last edited by Captain Sweatpants; 13th April 2014 at 05:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 83
Try the nexus 7 2013 forum this one is for the 2012 version it may be worth trying a factory reset failing that reflash the factory image also try booting the tablet in safe mode this limits the apps to only system apps if the tablet stops randomly rebooting then you know its a 3rd party app causing it

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app
Programming is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning