5,600,612 Members 33,519 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LG G2 D801 (Claro PR Variant) rooting?

Tip us?

Dani01c
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel7501@live.com View Post
If your phone is Claro PR, use the d803 baseband. It would get rid of kinguser and install superuser, which functions the same way and its also built in Cloudy. If you choose any, use CloudyPro which is the most stable one imo.

Flashing order is like this:
Rom, Kernel, Baseband.

In aroma, if you get the option for it, choose d803 and you will not have to flash a kernel. IF there is no option for a d803, you will choose d802 in aroma, and quickly afterwards flash a d803 Kernel. This is all considering you have a working recovery.
Well. I had twrp and while before doing anything I wiped everything except storage. It stayed there forever. Now when I try to turn the phone on it stays in the LG logo for ever and never boots. I can't even boot into recovery now. I think I'm going to go jump off of a bridge now......

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

angel7501@live.com
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani01c View Post
Well. I had twrp and while before doing anything I wiped everything except storage. It stayed there forever. Now when I try to turn the phone on it stays in the LG logo for ever and never boots. I can't even boot into recovery now. I think I'm going to go jump off of a bridge now......

What rom did you flash?
Devices:
-LG G2
-iPhone 4S
-Nexus 5

Dani01c
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
What rom did you flash?
none because I was wiping before flashing anything. In the wiping it froze there. That's it. Now the flash tool won't even open in my computer. I click it loads but nothing happens. I'm about to wreck my computer...

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

I managed to get it into recovery again just wondering how long does wiping take you guys? Mine always stays at "Formatting cache using make_ext4fs function. It stays there for the longest time ever...

angel7501@live.com
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
none because I was wiping before flashing anything. In the wiping it froze there. That's it. Now the flash tool won't even open in my computer. I click it loads but nothing happens. I'm about to wreck my computer...

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

I managed to get it into recovery again just wondering how long does wiping take you guys? Mine always stays at "Formatting cache using make_ext4fs function. It stays there for the longest time ever...
It depends on your TWRP version. If you have 2..6.3.2 its supposed to take a really long time. I wouldnt recommend to do this process with TWRP tho, so if all else fails use philz.
Devices:
-LG G2
-iPhone 4S
-Nexus 5

Dani01c
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
It depends on your TWRP version. If you have 2..6.3.2 its supposed to take a really long time. I wouldnt recommend to do this process with TWRP tho, so if all else fails use philz.
If I flash philz kernel, which model should I choose? My phone only boots in recovery currently because I wiped but the install for cloudystock failed. I'm trying to adb push stuff that I can flash to see if I can at least turn the phone on.

angel7501@live.com
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
If I flash philz kernel, which model should I choose? My phone only boots in recovery currently because I wiped but the install for cloudystock failed. I'm trying to adb push stuff that I can flash to see if I can at least turn the phone on.

Philz is not a kernel. Philz is a custom recovery.

Instructions are this for Twrp:
Wipe everything except internal memory
Flash Cloudystock
Choose d802 in aroma
select what you want in your rom
dont reboot
Flash SimpleKernel from dr87 FOR THE D803
Flash KK Baseband for d803

reboot, and it should take you to your rom.
Devices:
-LG G2
-iPhone 4S
-Nexus 5

Dani01c
Old
Thanks Meter 58
My bad probably was half of sleep when I posted that I meant to say recovery because for some reason the ROM won't finish the installation. I flash the baseband (because I've already wiped everything except storage) then I flash the ROM and choose d802 in aroma and at the end it says failed to install something. It always fails to do stuff around like 70-80% of the installation.

angel7501@live.com
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
My bad probably was half of sleep when I posted that I meant to say recovery because for some reason the ROM won't finish the installation. I flash the baseband (because I've already wiped everything except storage) then I flash the ROM and choose d802 in aroma and at the end it says failed to install something. It always fails to do stuff around like 70-80% of the installation.

That sounds like a TWRP issue to me, idk
Download Philz from here:
http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_A....25.4-d803.zip

Flash it, and flash all the files from there. If it doesnt work, then redownload the rom and try again
Devices:
-LG G2
-iPhone 4S
-Nexus 5

Tags
claro puerto rico, d801, root help