Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,756 Members 51,510 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can you unlock AT&T Galaxy S4 I337 purchased on EBay?

Tip us?

Brushborder
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Can you unlock AT&T Galaxy S4 I337 purchased on EBay?

Let me get this straight... If I buy a phone off EBay that is not stolen, as the new owner I cannot request an unlock code from ATT unless I sign up with them for at least 6 months??!! That is what I was told today anyhow. Of course I was told something completely different by them before I purchased the phone. They suggested calling the seller and asking them to request the unlock code (with their account number, phone number, etc). But this is not possible since the company selling boughts from somene else.

So,I searched all over here and have not found a clear answer on how or if you can unlock the phone using ther methods.

I have tried the following:
*#27663368378# method, does not allow
*#0011# method, does not go to UMTS menu
*#197328640#* method, does go to UMTS menu, but Phone Control Option is not there.

Is it possible to unlock the phone? It is my phone now. I could return it, but that seems silly.
How do or can sites offering paid unlock codes get theirs? There has to be a way. RIGHT???

Thanks!

The Jack of Clubs
Old
Thanks Meter 466
if the device was purchased under contract, att wont give an unlock for 2 years, or until the phone is paid off. if the phone wasnt purchased off contract, att should be able to give you an unlock code. by law, they dont ever have to give you anything though, so they might give you different answers on the phone depending on who you talk to. you can send in a request for an unlock code and get an email back at https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/cli...msAndCondition but it sure does want a lot of personal information. after that, you should be able to type in #7465625*638# and enter the unlock code, but i havent tested that on my s4 yet.

toxicpaulution
Old
Thanks Meter 362

DONATE TO ME
Region lockaway App unlocked my phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

megamanDJ
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicpaulution View Post
Region lockaway App unlocked my phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
You actually unlocked the bootloader on your i337? I didn't think it was possible yet and I've been closely following its development.