Post Reply

[q] no wifi or data after downgrade

13th April 2014, 06:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Hey guys im pretty new android and rooting and flashing roms and stuff. I recently uprgraded my galaxy s4 to 4.4.2 from and ota update. then i realized that i wouldnt be able root my phone on that update. Once i realized my error i followed this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2663545 to downgrade back to 4.3. Then i realized that i had no wifi and no data. I tried to follow what the post says about getting wifi back i dont understand what i have to do. Can someone please explain to me how to get wifi back or explain what the post says to do. my s4 is a build number mk2 with nb1 baseband
Last edited by Tydilla; 13th April 2014 at 06:11 AM. Reason: clarify
13th April 2014, 05:42 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tydilla

Hey guys im pretty new android and rooting and flashing roms and stuff. I recently uprgraded my galaxy s4 to 4.4.2 from and ota update. then i realized that i wouldnt be able root my phone on that update. Once i realized my error i followed this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2663545 to downgrade back to 4.3. Then i realized that i had no wifi and no data. I tried to follow what the post says about getting wifi back i dont understand what i have to do. Can someone please explain to me how to get wifi back or explain what the post says to do. my s4 is a build number mk2 with nb1 baseband


what i did was put the bypasslkm.zip on my phone i used download folder then booted to the safestrap recovery menu and used the install option and selected the bypasslkm.zip then when all booted went to downloaded apps section opened that universal init.d app set to ON then select nb1wififix then hit play button.
13th April 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellymate

what i did was put the bypasslkm.zip on my phone i used download folder then booted to the safestrap recovery menu and used the install option and selected the bypasslkm.zip then when all booted went to downloaded apps section opened that universal init.d app set to ON then select nb1wififix then hit play button.

Alright cool, I think see where your going with this but how do install safestrap if i have no wifi or data. Is there a way I can install it but putting it on my phone like how i put the bypasslkm.zip
13th April 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tydilla

Alright cool, I think see where your going with this but how do install safestrap if i have no wifi or data. Is there a way I can install it but putting it on my phone like how i put the bypasslkm.zip


put the safestap apk on phone also then just install like any app u dont need wifi to install safestrap apk
The Following User Says Thank You to cellymate For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th April 2014, 06:57 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellymate

put the safestap apk on phone also then just install like any app u dont need wifi to install safestrap apk

Thank you so much man, everything is working again. Do you know of any roms i can put on my phone now?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes