Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,354 Members 41,665 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Trouble booting into recovery

Tip us?

Dwight Caffery
Old
(Last edited by Dwight Caffery; 13th April 2014 at 10:14 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Trouble booting into recovery

Whenever I go to boot into recovery, whether it be through adb or holding down the vol down and power buttons when the phone is off, I get to a screen with a little picture of the device and a red triangle with an exclamation point inside of it. After about 3 minutes (emphasis on about, I get distracted...) it reboots.

This happened before I s-off'd and installed CWM. Even now, its still happening. I'm not sure if CWM even installed as I can't boot into recovery (hence this thread). Anybody else having this problem?

EDIT: Okay so idk if this is how it was before (because, as i said earlier, I get distracted easily... great.) but when i try to flash cwm through adb, it says < waiting on device > and gets stuck there.
Maybe thats the problem... Im not sure. anybody got ideas?

fwp
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Caffery View Post
Whenever I go to boot into recovery, whether it be through adb or holding down the vol down and power buttons when the phone is off, I get to a screen with a little picture of the device and a red triangle with an exclamation point inside of it. After about 3 minutes (emphasis on about, I get distracted...) it reboots.

This happened before I s-off'd and installed CWM. Even now, its still happening. I'm not sure if CWM even installed as I can't boot into recovery (hence this thread). Anybody else having this problem?

EDIT: Okay so idk if this is how it was before (because, as i said earlier, I get distracted easily... great.) but when i try to flash cwm through adb, it says < waiting on device > and gets stuck there.
Maybe thats the problem... Im not sure. anybody got ideas?
That sounds like you have the stock recovery, and not CWM. You may want to re-run the S-OFF and see if it sticks. Some people had stated that it took a few tries to get it to stick.

Dwight Caffery
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
I'll rerun it, but when i still do have S-OFF.
Ill report back when im done..

Dwight Caffery
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Okay so I did it again, and it said that "there isnt a helluva lot to do here. bye bye". Gotta love these funny guys.

Anyway, I definatley have S-OFF, but CWM still wont flash.. grr..

Dwight Caffery
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Another update: Im not sure if my phone is supposed to be in the bootloader when Im trying to flash cwm. But when it is and I try to flash the file, it says "Error: Cannot open cwm..."

Dwight Caffery
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
I have tried doing it in OSX and Windows, still no luck... same results both times.

Dwight Caffery
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Update: Wow im smart. I forgot to put the .img into my folder with ADB and Fastboot.

Everything is working now, my bad. :P