Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,360 Members 53,817 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SIM unlocking service

Tip us?

drago10029
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Default SIM unlocking service

Can someone please recommend a SIM Unlock service? I know about the free unlock, & I've searched but want something user recommended and proven, please do not tell me to do it. I just want a SIM Unlock service for my AT&T Galaxy S 3! Thank you!
Samsung Galaxy S III i747 in creamy Pebble Blue
Skyrocket and Vibrant R.I.P. Gone but not forgotten! MOTO X Goodbye and Good ridden!

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 344
The free method has been proven to work, even after upgrading the OS beyond 4.1.1. If you're on a 4.3 bootloader, you'll have to buy or get an unlock code. To enter the code, it's best to be on a stock ROM.

Larry2999
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by drago10029 View Post
Can someone please recommend a SIM Unlock service? I know about the free unlock, & I've searched but want something user recommended and proven, please do not tell me to do it. I just want a SIM Unlock service for my AT&T Galaxy S 3! Thank you!
I'm not sure endorsements wouldn't be violating the rules of the forum. I have, however, used maingsmserver.com several times with success each time. Codes for the AT&T service costs $20 which is cheaper than others I've seen.

I found some of the more popular unlocking sites on the web more noise than reality although I'd stop short of describing them as scams. If you see one of these sites requesting your IMEI for results, try entering in a dud IMEI number and see if they come back with a 'code found' result. You'll often see them going through the motions of scanning and then coming back with a 'code found' result after which payment information is requested. As there is nothing random about how IMEIs are generated, the odds of a legit system generating results for a non-existent IMEI are almost statistically impossible.

drago10029
Old
(Last edited by drago10029; 13th April 2014 at 04:27 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry2999 View Post
I'm not sure endorsements wouldn't be violating the rules of the forum. I have, however, used maingsmserver.com several times with success each time. Codes for the AT&T service costs $20 which is cheaper than others I've seen.

I found some of the more popular unlocking sites on the web more noise than reality although I'd stop short of describing them as scams. If you see one of these sites requesting your IMEI for results, try entering in a dud IMEI number and see if they come back with a 'code found' result. You'll often see them going through the motions of scanning and then coming back with a 'code found' result after which payment information is requested. As there is nothing random about how IMEIs are generated, the odds of a legit system generating results for a non-existent IMEI are almost statistically impossible.
Thanks! I actually got word Samsung does unlocks for a fee. I'll check that out. Also, the phone works in it's locked state with several AT&T prepaid companies: H20, AIO wireless, AT&T & GoPhone and probably cricket soon. I chose AIO.

With the above options working with a locked AT&T phones. I won't be needing an unlock anytime soon.

and I can't use the free unlock, that's why I mentioned wanting a unlock service.
Samsung Galaxy S III i747 in creamy Pebble Blue
Skyrocket and Vibrant R.I.P. Gone but not forgotten! MOTO X Goodbye and Good ridden!

chinna7392
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default unlocking s3 i747ucuemjb AT&T US

Can anyone please help me to unlock my samsung galaxy s3 i747u. i ve tried many ways but all unsuccessful . please i need help to network unlock it. thank u.
IMEI: 355431056523788
MODEL : S3 I747UCUEMJB (AT&T)

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 344
You should remove your imei. You should buy an unlock code and enter the code when your phone is running a stock ROM.

The only way to unlock your phone for free is when you phone is running a stock 4.1.1 ROM.
Tags
at&t, i747, service, sim, unlock