Tip us?

kb8no
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhp_211 View Post
strange then,,, did you happen to try this version
http://goo.im/devs/notta/roms/fascin...L-20140312.zip
I used it for over a week [ til new 3/18 version was out,lol ] and I did not notice a single drop out of service...
Thanks for the suggestion! I went straight to the 3/18 build and skipped 3/12. I'm going to try it when I get on WiFi to download it. And thanks for the 4.2.2 suggestions.
The Following User Says Thank You to kb8no For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hhp_211
Old
(Last edited by hhp_211; 29th March 2014 at 10:51 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb8no View Post
Thanks for the suggestion! I went straight to the 3/18 build and skipped 3/12. I'm going to try it when I get on WiFi to download it. And thanks for the 4.2.2 suggestions.
Also, what are you determining the data drop by other than the color changing in the tile, cause if i remember correctly that function has changed for kit kat/4.4.
Edit sorry... Orange on quick tile does indicate no connection
Fascinate SCH-i500 -- Currently Running :: Something with some kind of Kernel

Samsung Fascinate SCH-i500 -- [Kernels] Flashable Jellybean 4.2.x || 4.3 || & tweaks
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=38014509

kb8no
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Also, what are you determining the data drop by other than the color changing in the tile, cause if i remember correctly that function has changed for kit kat/4.4.
Edit sorry... Orange on quick tile does indicate no connection
Orange = NC. Once I discovered this it made life easier so when I suspected no data I could find out right away and fix it at the same time. I dropped data 4 times today.

kb8no
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
strange then,,, did you happen to try this version
http://goo.im/devs/notta/roms/fascin...L-20140312.zip
I used it for over a week [ til new 3/18 version was out,lol ] and I did not notice a single drop out of service...
I flashed the ril version today so I'm on it. Too early to say but nothing yet. :hope:

hhp_211
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 477
Quote:
I flashed the ril version today so I'm on it. Too early to say but nothing yet. :hope:
OK, i may not stay on 3g long enough though to notice a predictably random data drop
of this nature.
Hopefully i haven't mislead you. it's a bit different than the other drops it had early on in KitKat development

Samsung Fascinate SCH-i500 -- [Kernels] Flashable Jellybean 4.2.x || 4.3 || & tweaks

hhp_211
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 477
Quote:
Orange = NC. Once I discovered this it made life easier so when I suspected no data I could find out right away and fix it at the same time. I dropped data 4 times today.
just dropping in to see how things went for you with data access.

on another note, I did notice when setting up a new rom build before I loaded and installed gapps that I had Orange in my quicksettings display even though I had 3g access to browse internet, etc. I know thats usually an unlikely scenario for most will/would have their google account installed on their phones,,, and there again i'm not on 3g long enough to usually matter and/or toggling airplane on/off corrects its flaw

kb8no
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
just dropping in to see how things went for you with data access.

on another note, I did notice when setting up a new rom build before I loaded and installed gapps that I had Orange in my quicksettings display even though I had 3g access to browse internet, etc. I know thats usually an unlikely scenario for most will/would have their google account installed on their phones,,, and there again i'm not on 3g long enough to usually matter and/or toggling airplane on/off corrects its flaw
Thanks for checking back. Orange seems to mean no data in 4.4. if you toggle data the tile turns orange. If you suspect there is no data and confirm it, the tile will be orange. it does not seem to be the same message as the blue or not blue icon in JB which means you are connected or not connected to the Google server. When I use my phone I use the heck out of it with heavy data usage as well in and out of good coverage both because of my rather remote area and my work in the bottom center of a big building. So I put the device through the paces from the get go and I know pretty soon if the ROM has trouble connecting.

I bypassed the PA RIL version and went to 3/18 since it was newer and got data drops and gave up. I went back at your suggestion and tried the RIL version and same data drops. In the mean time Notta dropped his 3/27 build and I tried that but same data drops. I did not try his latest 4/10. This is the same experinece with anything 4.4 including the CM builds. A couple of the CM builds have been otherwise pretty nice. I agree, this does not seem to be the same problem at all as they had with the early releases of 4.4. It is definately not related to the early WiFi issues.

I also had some problem with freezes and slow downs on PA. The same with CM but I dont' think as pronounced.

I therefore abandoned PA and CM 4.4 builds and went back to Hellybean 4.2.2 from 7/23 which I believe was his last build. I did a completely clean install from scratch from CM with TWRP baked into it. This required first installing a backup with CWM baked in the ROM in order to flash HB which also has CWM (Devil version) baked into it. It wouldn' flash with TWRP. HB works perfectly. Absolutely no data drops, no freezes, no slow downs. Devil kernel gives me fast charge again (which I love). I miss TWRP but it is what it is. If there is reason to think there are some new builds that work I will try them again.

Maybe this will give you some bright ideas, you know a lot more about this stuff than I know and I always look fordward to reading your posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to kb8no For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

electric bill
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 73
I too am seeing more data drops recently. I've also noticed that this rom has slowed down quite a bit. It might be caused by an app or two that I've loaded but I'm starting to think about going back to JB.