Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,460 Members 41,007 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Logitech Harmony remote compatibility

Tip us?

Bama29
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Logitech Harmony remote compatibility

Does anyone know if the Kindle Fire TV is compatible with any of the Harmony remotes?

rickdm
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama29 View Post
Does anyone know if the Kindle Fire TV is compatible with any of the Harmony remotes?
You would need to add and IR Reciever like a FLIRC or there are reports of this item working as well.

I can't post links, so search amazon for Ortek-Windows-Infrared-Receiver-Ultimate

Bama29
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdm View Post
You would need to add and IR Reciever like a FLIRC or there are reports of this item working as well.

I can't post links, so search amazon for Ortek-Windows-Infrared-Receiver-Ultimate

Thank You Rickdm!

screwyluie
Old
Thanks Meter 33
some of the newer harmony remotes have bluetooth. It might be possible to use them.

I use my harmony smart to control my HTPC through blutooth using the ps3 profile... if we can get a ps3 controller to pair with the firetv (requires root) then we may be able to use the remote as well.

Bama29
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I can confirm that the Ortek-Windows-Infrared-Receiver-Ultimate I purchased from Amazon does indeed work with my Harmony One and the Fire TV.

scottsdca
Old
Thanks Meter 3
How about using a phone app for the keyboard and mouse to control the fire TV. Is this possible?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Bama29
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
For those trying to get the Harmony up to speed...

To emulate the Back button on the Fire TV remote assign the clear key from the ORtek.

To emulate the Home Button on the Fire TV remote assign the Browser command from the ORtek. It is also the upper left key on the remote. The "e" with a circle around it.

On my Harmony One I assigned Home to the Menu key and Back to the Exit key. Neither were being used for the ORtek device.