Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Which apps to disable?

OP Sam Sung

10th April 2014, 12:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
172 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
So far, I've frozen all verizon apps, useless google apps and services (they know who they are...) and several other useless apps and services.


This is my list of disabled Samsung apps & services:

Samsung Calendar SyncAdapter
Samsung Cloud Data Relay
Samsung Cloud Quota
Security Policy Updates (probably Verizon...)

What other Samsung apps/svc can be disabled or uninstalled?

Here is the list (for copy/paste convenience):

Samsung contents agent
Samsung Hub
Samsung Link
Samsung Print Services
Samsung Push Service
Samsung SBrowser Sync Adapter
Samsung SNote3 Sync Adapter
Samsung Sync Adapters
Samsung Text to Speech Engine
Samsung Updates
Samsung Hub Updater
Samsung Sans

Any other recommended disables/uninstalls?

Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sam Sung For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2014, 03:20 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Colton, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,030
 
3,351 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Sung

So far, I've frozen all verizon apps, useless google apps and services (they know who they are...) and several other useless apps and services.


This is my list of disabled Samsung apps & services:

Samsung Calendar SyncAdapter
Samsung Cloud Data Relay
Samsung Cloud Quota
Security Policy Updates (probably Verizon...)

What other Samsung apps/svc can be disabled or uninstalled?

Here is the list (for copy/paste convenience):

Samsung contents agent
Samsung Hub
Samsung Link
Samsung Print Services
Samsung Push Service
Samsung SBrowser Sync Adapter
Samsung SNote3 Sync Adapter
Samsung Sync Adapters
Samsung Text to Speech Engine
Samsung Updates
Samsung Hub Updater
Samsung Sans

Any other recommended disables/uninstalls?

Thanks!

Here is a link to my post with a list showing all of the stock apps that I removed. You can delete the rest of the Samsung apps but sans is a font I believe.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=11
Last edited by airmaxx23; 10th April 2014 at 03:22 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to airmaxx23 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2014, 08:48 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
172 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Thanks for the link and info. I've disabled several that you listed. Now to watch for any issues.
10th April 2014, 09:13 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Colton, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,030
 
3,351 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Sung

Thanks for the link and info. I've disabled several that you listed. Now to watch for any issues.

I never had any issues with all of them deleted but it depends on your setup also.
13th April 2014, 10:58 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
172 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmaxx23

I never had any issues with all of them deleted but it depends on your setup also.

For reference, I haven't experienced any issues. I think I'll just leave them Disabled for the moment, though, as one day I may want to try one of the Samsung protocols to link to one of our other phones for file or media transfer and find that I need one or the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladyscoleman

I Also have disable all this app but I am facing a issue and that is my signal strength is low now after the disabling the apps. And I am facing the issues in call connectivity.
How can I enhance my signal strength ?

I haven't had any low strength issues. It may be coincidental. Does your signal strength get better in other locations?

You could review the uninstalled apps/services to determine if any of them pertain to signal and re-enable. You could also just re-enable all of the apps/services you disabled before your signal strength issues occurred to see if they go away.

It's also recommended that you nandroid (SS backup) your device before making these kind of changes. Having a nandroid, if I were to have issues, I would make another nandroid of my current (changed) setup, then restore my previous setup to see if the issue exists there.


Sam
The Following User Says Thank You to Sam Sung For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes