[Q] Kindle turns off when plugged in

OP lildanda

13th April 2014, 12:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Letchworth, UK
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
More
Hi, I have a kindle fire 2 that I rooted and installed the play store on, everything was working fine then one day it stopped charging. I tried everything I could think of, in the end I opened it up and had the USB re soldered, still would not charge or at least that's what I thought.... it turns out that it does charge but only when it has shut down, there is no orange or green charging light. However this is the problem, I unplug the cable whether it b mains or pc and turn it on, now if I plug either of the cables back in to charge whilst using it it turns off and will not turn back on until I unplug the cable again.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
13th April 2014, 11:49 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lildanda

Hi, I have a kindle fire 2 that I rooted and installed the play store on, everything was working fine then one day it stopped charging. I tried everything I could think of, in the end I opened it up and had the USB re soldered, still would not charge or at least that's what I thought.... it turns out that it does charge but only when it has shut down, there is no orange or green charging light. However this is the problem, I unplug the cable whether it b mains or pc and turn it on, now if I plug either of the cables back in to charge whilst using it it turns off and will not turn back on until I unplug the cable again.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

I would double check the ground on the usb port. If you're looking at it from the back (board upside down 5 pins on the usb port facing you) it should be the last pin on the right. It could be bridged with one of the data pins in the middle. Thats where I would start. Hope that helps. Good luck
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread