Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,416 Members 39,335 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Get replacement phone, risking that the phone I get back is MK2, not MDK like my

Tip us?

daventodd123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Default [Q] Get replacement phone, risking that the phone I get back is MK2, not MDK like my

I shattered my phone at the beach on Friday and last night I went to take pictures with friends (@ our prom #turnup) and discovered that the pressing power button did not lock my screen or pull up the power menu. Being that the power button is inoperable and the screen is shattered, would it be wise to use my Geek Squad warranty and get another S4, opening up the risk that I relinquish my current MDK love for an MK2 replacement? As far as I remember, I can SafeStrap the HyperDrive ROM with MK2 and be right back where I was, sorta. Looking for some input as I plan on going later today. Thanks in advance for the help, guys

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Current Devices
-Samsung Galaxy S4 running Hyperdrive RLS16 KitKat
-Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" (P3113). Running CM11
The Following User Says Thank You to daventodd123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joshuabg
Old
Thanks Meter 267

DONATE TO ME
You will most likely get something above mdk but you can put hyperdrive 15 on mk2 with safestrap
If you find this post helful, Click the "Thanks" button, Or if you really like what I have done you can click the "Donate to Me" button.

My works

The Following User Says Thank You to joshuabg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by daventodd123 View Post
I shattered my phone at the beach on Friday and last night I went to take pictures with friends (@ our prom #turnup) and discovered that the pressing power button did not lock my screen or pull up the power menu. Being that the power button is inoperable and the screen is shattered, would it be wise to use my Geek Squad warranty and get another S4, opening up the risk that I relinquish my current MDK love for an MK2 replacement? As far as I remember, I can SafeStrap the HyperDrive ROM with MK2 and be right back where I was, sorta. Looking for some input as I plan on going later today. Thanks in advance for the help, guys

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2606501
S4 powered by hashcode 3.72 safestrap and Echo V26 kitkat