XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

PureGear Slimcase

Tip us?

Sharpbarb
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnysota View Post
Really appreciate the pics. Going with black for sure! How is bezel coverage? It appears some of the chrome is visible around the edges. Is that true? And/or does it bug you?
The bezel is a little deeper than I liked at first (1/16" or 1.5mm), but I got used to it pretty quick. Although the bezel is a little deep, it doesn't wrap around the front very much and more of the phone is visible. The edge of my TPU case went right up to the edge of my screen protector, with this case, there is about 1/16" gap between the screen protector and case. This makes the protector more visible but you wont have to worry about interference.

The white case has a silver trim painter around the edges, I think it looks nice. Very little of the phone's chrome trim is visible. It's only visible around the USB and microphone connections. It doesn't bother me at all. I only noticed after i read your post.

I'm still quite happy with the look and feel of this case. I'm currently using the white case. I like the contrast.

chonghua
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpbarb View Post
The bezel is a little deeper than I liked at first (1/16" or 1.5mm), but I got used to it pretty quick. Although the bezel is a little deep, it doesn't wrap around the front very much and more of the phone is visible. The edge of my TPU case went right up to the edge of my screen protector, with this case, there is about 1/16" gap between the screen protector and case. This makes the protector more visible but you wont have to worry about interference.

The white case has a silver trim painter around the edges, I think it looks nice. Very little of the phone's chrome trim is visible. It's only visible around the USB and microphone connections. It doesn't bother me at all. I only noticed after i read your post.

I'm still quite happy with the look and feel of this case. I'm currently using the white case. I like the contrast.
Thanks for the info. Just a curious question though, does it do a bezel protection a little? Or as you said, the fronts sides of the case is raised up a bit to protect the screen when facing down? Just a clarification needed. Thanks

chonghua
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by chonghua View Post
Thanks for the info. Just a curious question though, does it do a bezel protection a little? Or as you said, the fronts sides of the case is raised up a bit to protect the screen when facing down? Just a clarification needed. Thanks
Bumping my reply. Does it do a bezel protection and the sides are raised when the phone is face down? Thanks

playboy00786
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Yea I have it for the vs980 and mine is raised a bit on the front to protect the screen if face down. Its by far my favorite case. I paired it with a skinomi carbon fiber wrap and a iloome screen mate flex screen protector. The case is phenomenal

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk