Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Windows Phone 8.1 AND Interop Unlock, can they stay together?

OP gidannifico

13th April 2014, 06:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 16

79 posts
Hello everyone,
First of all excuses in advantage if my English won't be proper.
I'm a new user and I've searched (hoping in the right way) if this question had already been answered -and found that it hadn't.

So I'm opening this thread to know if someone with more experience already knows if the new update to WiINDOWS PHONE 8.1 can *TOLERATE* INTEROP UNLOCK.
In my specific case I've interop unlocked my Ativ S - thanks to GoodDayToDie, Wolf and the other Devs' guides and tools -, now I'm on GDR3 but some of the features that used to work with GDR2 don't work anymore, But this isn't the point..

My question is: "Given the *nature* of interop unlock and its way of managing the features that it allows us to use, will it be compatible -in your opinion- with the new OS? (I'm talking overall about the third tile row hacking, which should be now manageable directly from the normal settings of the phone, do you think they could conflict?)

Regards.
Gidannifico.
13th April 2014, 10:15 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 13

88 posts
Your english isn't bad, you're completely understandable.
Normally, I wouldn't be able to answer this question, it might be possible for Samsung/Microsoft to patch the interop unlock (I really don't know, correct me if I'm wrong), but wolf just posted he found yet another method to interop unlock Samsung devices, and he'll release the unlock after WP 8.1. (link: https://twitter.com/xda_wolf/status/455374020347965440). So, 8.1 should be safe and good to go for you - but I don't know about future updates.

EDIT: The 3rd tile column is just a registry entry, up to now it was only editable with interop unlock, and the new option should just toggle that entry, so there should be no conflicts whatsoever
The Following User Says Thank You to th0mas96 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th April 2014, 02:34 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 16

79 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by th0mas96

Your english isn't bad, you're completely understandable.
Normally, I wouldn't be able to answer this question, it might be possible for Samsung/Microsoft to patch the interop unlock (I really don't know, correct me if I'm wrong), but wolf just posted he found yet another method to interop unlock Samsung devices, and he'll release the unlock after WP 8.1. (link: https://twitter.com/xda_wolf/status/455374020347965440). So, 8.1 should be safe and good to go for you - but I don't know about future updates.

EDIT: The 3rd tile column is just a registry entry, up to now it was only editable with interop unlock, and the new option should just toggle that entry, so there should be no conflicts whatsoever

thank you 4 the answer Thomas,i'll hit the 'thank button' as soon as I turn on My pc,now i'm with the Ativ-beaSt-
If I undestrood what you mean the most reasonable thing to do Tomorrow is to hard reset My Device in Order not to get any possibile 'complication' with the update,then upgrade to WP8.1 and then wait 4 wolf's 3rd Method release..didn't Know it cause I don't have a Twitter account-poor me-.
in any case My device'll be upgraded and if I'll feel the needing to go back I can Always flash again GDR2(I think there won't be any problem to flash even with WP8.1)
Regards and thank you again.
Gidannifico
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread