Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,793 Members 40,922 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

help me please!

Tip us?
 
mood_coolman
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 46
Join Date: Apr 2014
Unhappy help me please!

i tried to flash TWRP with adb sideload on my g2 d802 vodafone spain since it doesn't work with me with other methods so it tells me that is failed to verifying signature installation aborted... i dont know what is this so help me pleeeease?i cant install twrp on my phone!!!
 
podagee
Old
#2  
podagee's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 253
Posts: 1,392
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: kahului
Quote:
Originally Posted by mood_coolman View Post
i tried to flash TWRP with adb sideload on my g2 d802 vodafone spain since it doesn't work with me with other methods so it tells me that is failed to verifying signature installation aborted... i dont know what is this so help me pleeeease?i cant install twrp on my phone!!!
we need more info on what firmware or android version u are running. if kitkat,there is no recovery method just root. if completely stock the manual recovery method should work fine.
AT&T LG G2(Black)-SOLD
AT&T LG G-Flex-completely stock
"Its not the device....its operator error."

 
Drachenminister
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 60
Posts: 82
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mood_coolman View Post
i tried to flash TWRP with adb sideload on my g2 d802 vodafone spain since it doesn't work with me with other methods so it tells me that is failed to verifying signature installation aborted... i dont know what is this so help me pleeeease?i cant install twrp on my phone!!!
Since you said adb sideload I guess you run stock 4.4.2 and thus tried to flash a package with stock recovery (like when rooting). Luckily for you this does not work with unsigned packages. Cause if it had you would have ended up with no bootable recovery at all because loki is patched in the boot loader.

There is no custom recovery for 4.4.2 yet only workarounds with old boot loaders and patched kernels.
The forum is full of people having all kinds of issues with those.
 
mood_coolman
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 46
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenminister View Post
Since you said adb sideload I guess you run stock 4.4.2 and thus tried to flash a package with stock recovery (like when rooting). Luckily for you this does not work with unsigned packages. Cause if it had you would have ended up with no bootable recovery at all because loki is patched in the boot loader.

There is no custom recovery for 4.4.2 yet only workarounds with old boot loaders and patched kernels.
The forum is full of people having all kinds of issues with those.
thanks man i appreciate your help, and i would like to know if there is any news about the loki path that will help, it will came soon?
 
Sensamic
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 68
Posts: 692
Join Date: Jul 2010
How is it possible there's still no custom recovery for 4.4.2?

Is it because of poor development for the G2? Or because there's some sort of problem?

Can't believe this phone has so many problems with rooting and such
 
XxZombiePikachu
Old
#6  
XxZombiePikachu's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1279
Posts: 2,387
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Aguada
if on kitkat you can try AutoRec

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensamic View Post
How is it possible there's still no custom recovery for 4.4.2?

Is it because of poor development for the G2? Or because there's some sort of problem?

Can't believe this phone has so many problems with rooting and such
actually we have root/recovery with different workarounds, if you think its so easy to find an exploit in a locked bootloader and apply a loki patch so that everyone can flash custom roms then go do it yourself but you cant go blaming it on development because even if we don't have thousands of roms like a nexus we have awesome devs who work hard and dedicate some of their time to making us awesome roms/porting other device roms/porting mods/creating mods/improving the phone software/and so much more and if you look around you can find threads like this where I've pointed out how to get kitkat in case you haven't gotten ota/root/get custom recovery and yes there is a problem its very simple the software developers blocking out the exploits used to get custom recovery or root and others
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Get Better Debug Data with Crash Report SDK

Developing an application is a hard and often times ungratifying task. It also requires quite a … more

Navigate to Your Favorite Places with LocationDetector

If you’re enjoying an active way of life, you probablytravel a lot, go fishing, … more

LifeStats Automatic Journal Keeps Tabs of Your Day

Most of us live very active lives. This is after all why we’re fans of mobile … more

Android App Review: Hide Your Files with Androignito – XDA Developer TV

Stop right now, look at your phone, and see how many pictures, … more