No registration required

Music stutter/lag when screen is off LG Optimus P920

OP pebito

11th April 2014, 08:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

28 posts
Hello there fellow members,

First of all, the thread's title is for SEO purposes only so if anyone else runs into the same problem with this phone and start Googling for a solution this will come up.

The issue I have is really basic, I went through all the threads but I couldn't find a trivial solution for this. So I flashed my P920 (again) with V30A (it was a nightmare with all the unbricking process and whatnot, lol) everything is fine except one thing. This is when I play music and turn off the screen it starts lagging almost immediately. I am pretty sure it's about the CPU clock speed scaled below to 200Mhz or something, but I can't figure it out how to change this.

I have downloaded Trickster Mod but there are only two options I can set; the min and the max CPU speed. I've tried other apps as well, no luck. There's no option to set the CPU frequency when the screen is off. Sure it's a good way to save battery but really annoying when it comes to playing music.

I'm not sure if it's the ROM, maybe the kernel (i'm that kind of guy who can make these things work but I have really no idea what is really going on with linux based systems)

Here are my system specs;
ICS 4.0.4
OMAP4430/XMM6260
Kernel 3.0.21
P92030a-EUR-XX

I also have TWRP recovery installed and full root access on my phone.

I appreciate if anyone of you can point me to the right direction what to do with this.

(oh, one more thing please; let me ask you a bit off-topic somehow according to this; ever since I upgraded from Froyo, somehow I feel this fantastic phone a bit slow. It's not as responsive with ICS as it used to be with Froyo, I don't know I would say it's something like when you have a fairly old PC with WinXP and it runs pretty well but once you upgrade it to Win7 it's still okay but not that "lightning fast" when it was with XP. So yeah, maybe it's the old hardware - new software case that I'm "feeling" but 2.2 was definitely better (in terms of speed) when these latest operating systems available for P920).
14th April 2014, 02:46 AM   |  #2  
Flag Vimmerby
Thanks Meter: 193

434 posts
More
Just Try flashing a custom kernel!

//Sent from somewhere in your house
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lg p920, music lag, music stutter
Previous Thread Next Thread