Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,209 Members 36,833 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

XBMC that works FLAWLESSLY

Tip us?

toyanucci
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by edthesped View Post
I run XBMC on a Vision3D right now, with my media being served up from a Synology box and it's quite nice. It would be sweet to primarily move to the FireTv as I'm a prime member and must run video full screen through a browser, and though I have a 50/25 wired connection I frequently need to force movies into HD when streaming through Prime.
I'm rocking a raspberry pi tweaked to within an inch of its life lol. Playback is flawless. Navigation is actually great too (I'll post a review I did in a minute) but I want something new with a bit more power so I can use a nicer skin aside from amber. I'm serving media from a Synology Nas as well, the DS112, pretty cheap and very solid.
So yh, I'm hoping the fire tv can do 24p as its perfect otherwise.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

RussellEstridge25
Old
Thanks Meter 143

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyanucci View Post
So I been researching the new Amazon Fire TV and they have figured out how to sideload XBMC on it, but most versions give playback issues except one that was made or the OUYA. The OUYA and Fire TV are both built on Android, so I decided to try the build on the note 10.1 2014 and it works flawlessly!

I've tried and experimented with several versions of XBMC and always had issues with it in some way or the other, but this one is without fault. Give a whirl!

SPMC

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
What does this do exactly?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Be yourself........... Hit me up on Gtalk Rustypmusic@gmail.com. [/B]

dt33
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenjamin View Post
Fully realize this is probably a really dumb question, but what is the difference between this and the XBMC for Android nightlies I've been using for awhile?
SPMC is a fork version of XBMC, optimized for OUYA.
http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?8220-SPMC-Koying

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 4,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellEstridge25 View Post
What does this do exactly?
It's just one of dozens of ways of getting media from something to something potentially via something else. Somebody above mentioned using a NAS (Network Attached Storage device) which has their media on it and (I'm assuming) using a XBMC client on their N10.1-14 to access that content. They could potentially then stream that content being received by their N10.1-14 on to something else (EG: TV). There's a ton of ways of accessing and presenting content and XBMC is just one of many.

I use Plex which does pretty much the same thing but supports my smart TVs (Samsung, Google TV) natively so I don't need a device in between. When I'm traveling I use my trusty old AllShare Cast dongle. I have a Windows Home Server vs. a NAS and run PlayOn on it in addition to Plex server. PlayOn provides access to a ton of web content (including Amazon Instant without needing Flash) in addition to integrating VLC to playback content on my server. PlayOn uses the stock video app which means I can use pop-up-play, multi window, and Smart pause. When I'm working on office stuff I'll usually have a movie, TV show, or the live news running in a pop-up window to keep myself amused.

Here's some screen shots. The first three are PlayOn with AIV or Hulu playing; the second two are Plex. Both support Chromecast but I don't use it. With so many ways of doing the same thing there's no right or wrong solution.

RussellEstridge25
Old
Thanks Meter 143

DONATE TO ME
[QUOTE=BarryH_GEG;51882331]It's just one of dozens of ways of getting media from something to something potentially via something else. Somebody above mentioned using a NAS (Network Attached Storage device) which has their media on it and (I'm assuming) using a XBMC client on their N10.1-14 to access that content. They could potentially then stream that content being received by their N10.1-14 on to something else (EG: TV). There's a ton of ways of accessing and presenting content and XBMC is just one of many.

I use Plex which does pretty much the same thing but supports my smart TVs (Samsung, Google TV) natively so I don't need a device in between. When I'm traveling I use my trusty old AllShare Cast dongle. I have a Windows Home Server vs. a NAS and run PlayOn on it in addition to Plex server. PlayOn provides access to a ton of web content (including Amazon Instant without needing Flash) in addition to integrating VLC to playback content on my server. PlayOn uses the stock video app which means I can use pop-up-play, multi window, and Smart pause. When I'm working on office stuff I'll usually have a movie, TV show, or the live news running in a pop-up window to keep myself amused.

Here's some screen shots. The first three are PlayOn with AIV or Hulu playing; the second two are Plex. Both support Chromecast but I don't use it. With so many ways of doing the same thing there's no right or wrong solution.

[/QUOTE

So it's a screen cast? I use my ps3 to watch movies and TV sites from my tracker as a media server but can't play like nesdroid or anything... Sort if I'm way off here...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Be yourself........... Hit me up on Gtalk Rustypmusic@gmail.com. [/B]