Post Reply

[Q] Default Language

OP Stalka

14th April 2014, 12:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
When KitKit was being released for the N9005, I flashed the Polish firmware as it was the first to be released.

Now, months later, I am flashing the UK firmware. However, even though I do a thorough wipe (data/cache/dalvik), and post-flash I confirm the build number as N9005XXUENB7 as the UK version, it still defaults to Polish language on first boot.

How can I get this to reset back to UK for proper? Is it because the bootloader was upgraded to 4.4.x by the Polish firmware? Would it be safe for me to tick "Phone Bootloader Update" and reflash the UK firmware again?

Knox has already been tripped, not bothered about that.
14th April 2014, 12:42 AM   |  #2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Flashing with "Phone Bootloader Update" didn't work.
14th April 2014, 12:47 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
198 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalka

Flashing with "Phone Bootloader Update" didn't work.

So changing default language in language settings doesn't work?
14th April 2014, 12:56 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Yes, I can change the language to English and its fine from then on. However, when I reset back to default settings, why does the phone default to Polish on first boot? This is what I want to fix.
14th April 2014, 01:52 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
I even just did a full NAND ERASE via Odin, re-partitioned with my PIT file, and reflash ... still starts as Polish! lol I'm missing something here. I shan't sleep till I sort this.
14th April 2014, 02:09 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 199
 
665 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalka

I even just did a full NAND ERASE via Odin, re-partitioned with my PIT file, and reflash ... still starts as Polish! lol I'm missing something here. I shan't sleep till I sort this.

Try flashing the NC2 rom by alexndr and select BTU csc in aroma installer. If you have custom recovery anyway.

Sent from my SM-N9005
14th April 2014, 02:28 AM   |  #7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Ah thanks celderic, I just saw your message now. I ended up flashing the CSC to UK by using the update zip's here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...56&postcount=2

I noticed in recovery it was giving CSC as XEO, which is Poland, I guess thats where it was getting it from.

Now its BTU, and it started up as English! Finally I can go to sleep.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stalka For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
default language, english, kitkat, polish
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank