ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Help] OMG! Did i Brick my new note 3!? :(

OP jthornton71707

13th April 2014, 10:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

459 posts
Hey guys. Ive had a note 3 before in the past and have used the Root DelaVega to root successfully. This was early in the year. I sold my old note 3 for an HTC One. Well today i traded my HTC One back for a note 3 as i missed the Note 3. As soon as i came home i attempted to use the Root DelaVega method to foot (just like i did before) and immediately it failed.

I have been stuck on a screen saying "firmware update encountered an issue - select recovery in Kies" so i tried Kies 3.2 however it says my device is not compatible. Come to find out after doing research (talking to the original owner i traded my HTC One for) the Note 3 i have is on the latest version of KitKat 4.4.2 that is not compatible with the Root DelaVega method or any root method - so i screwed that up. I can successfully boot in and out of download mode. Ive tried to flash N900XXUDNA6 4.4.2 in Odin several times, it begins then fails almost immediately and the bar on the phone itself (in download mode) begins then freezes shortly after beginning. Ive also tried to flash N900XXUDNC1 JellyBean thru odin and get the same results - almost immediately fail and the blue status bar on the phone freezes when it barley begins. What else can i do??? am i totally screwed? Ive been researching and trying to fix this for 6 straight hours now! My gf is about to kill me for being online so long Is there anything i can do at this point? Am i stuck.
13th April 2014, 10:37 AM   |  #2  
Flag Bendigo
Thanks Meter: 238

538 posts
Donate to Me
More
Do you know what Region the phone was originally? I had a similar issue and I had to get the Hong Kong (in my case) version of a stock ROM and flash that to get things working again. Not all partitions are the same - you might need a PIT file to match your original region and then flash the ROM.

What info do you get in DL mode?
13th April 2014, 06:59 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

459 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journyman16

Do you know what Region the phone was originally? I had a similar issue and I had to get the Hong Kong (in my case) version of a stock ROM and flash that to get things working again. Not all partitions are the same - you might need a PIT file to match your original region and then flash the ROM.

What info do you get in DL mode?

Yes the phone is for AT&T so it's US. When I go into DL mode Knox counter is still 0x0. Is there a certain firmware I need then to match with the AT&T model? Or a pit?
13th April 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #4  
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 580

4,475 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthornton71707

Yes the phone is for AT&T so it's US. When I go into DL mode Knox counter is still 0x0. Is there a certain firmware I need then to match with the AT&T model? Or a pit?

Go to Sammobile and see if you can find the version you had, sounds like an older JB if kingo app didn't trip Knox. Reflash that using ODIN.
I don't know if there was a problem with American bootloader, see if there's an AT&T Note 3 forum. Might find answers there...
14th April 2014, 12:24 AM   |  #5  

65 posts
Lightbulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthornton71707

Hey guys. Ive had a note 3 before in the past and have used the Root DelaVega to root successfully. This was early in the year. I sold my old note 3 for an HTC One. Well today i traded my HTC One back for a note 3 as i missed the Note 3. As soon as i came home i attempted to use the Root DelaVega method to foot (just like i did before) and immediately it failed.

I have been stuck on a screen saying "firmware update encountered an issue - select recovery in Kies" so i tried Kies 3.2 however it says my device is not compatible. Come to find out after doing research (talking to the original owner i traded my HTC One for) the Note 3 i have is on the latest version of KitKat 4.4.2 that is not compatible with the Root DelaVega method or any root method - so i screwed that up. I can successfully boot in and out of download mode. Ive tried to flash N900XXUDNA6 4.4.2 in Odin several times, it begins then fails almost immediately and the bar on the phone itself (in download mode) begins then freezes shortly after beginning. Ive also tried to flash N900XXUDNC1 JellyBean thru odin and get the same results - almost immediately fail and the blue status bar on the phone freezes when it barley begins. What else can i do??? am i totally screwed? Ive been researching and trying to fix this for 6 straight hours now! My gf is about to kill me for being online so long Is there anything i can do at this point? Am i stuck.

Hi mate,

if you are stuck, maybe you can try this.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2701062

it's a way to unbrick your software.
and if the older owner of your N3 said it's on the latest firmware of kitkat.
maybe your problem is the firmware in the sammobile were before the firmware you have install on your device via OTA update.
Yours firmware came throw out via OTA update and with some reason you can't see any latest firmware USA N900A in sammobile.

try the method in the link and reply if you have been successful.
cumps
14th April 2014, 03:33 AM   |  #6  
Flag yamuna nagar
Thanks Meter: 114

860 posts
More
Ik Knox is 00,then u can try samsung service centre 😉

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread