Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,782 Members 38,427 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Weird issue

Tip us?

MBM7881
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Weird issue

Ok so I got my S5 and I love it. The weird thing and its not a big deal, but is Chrome now the standard default browser? I know that my S4 had the default/ stock internet globe app. But its missing on my S5. Anyone else? I'm on Verizon and using Nova Launcher. I already checked to make sure i didn't hide it. Its not even under the all apps app manager. Thanks

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bsweetness
Old
Thanks Meter 141
Chrome is the stock browser on the S5 (at least for Verizon...I don't want to say it applies to all versions of the phone since I don't have them all, but I'd assume it applies to most if not all). Samsung doesn't have their own browser on there as they have on past devices.
Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014), iPad Mini

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: Note 8, Nexus 7, TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, TF101, Thrive, gTablet
The Following User Says Thank You to bsweetness For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MBM7881
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
Chrome is the stock browser on the S5 (at least for Verizon...I don't want to say it applies to all versions of the phone since I don't have them all, but I'd assume it applies to most if not all). Samsung doesn't have their own browser on there as they have on past devices.
OMG thanks so much! It was driving me nuts. I thought I deleted it. You're a lifesaver

patchnauty
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I think its a kitkat thing/ maybe. i liked the samsung internet browser. maybe it was just me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBM7881 View Post
OMG thanks so much! It was driving me nuts. I thought I deleted it. You're a lifesaver