XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REQ] Add apps to QSlide

Tip us?

kevinhack
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Default [REQ] Add apps to QSlide

So let me begin by saying I am obviously new to this forum and I'm not sure if this post had already been made or answered. I couldn't find the "search subforum" bar anywhere. Also, why is there no dedicated area for the Sprint LG G2? (Maybe there is, idk)
Anyway, down to my request. Is there any way to add apps to QSlide? I've noticed other devices with QSlide have more (better) features. Such as QSliding the messages app. I'm rooted (iorootv11) on stock firmware and stock recovery.

swiftstealth
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Once rooted you can add in apps from the other G2 variants... For example AT&T and T-Mobile have a Qslide browser. I found the apk in the Verizon G2 section... I will post a link if I see it again. I tried to install it before rooting and the qslide feature didn't work ; after root I can shrink the browser but it's not a shortcut under Q slide apps in the notification tray. I'm currently looking for the messaging app. I'd love to have a thread to help Sprint G2 owners with this, as even the low end Optimus F3 has qslide messaging but we don't on our g2!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to swiftstealth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

luigi97777
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Yes!

II_DiE_4
Old
Thanks Meter 68
The QSlide SDK is now open for all.. So any developer can make his/hers apps QSlide compatible. Just need the devs to actually do it.
Lg G2 D802
The Following User Says Thank You to II_DiE_4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

doink123
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhack View Post
So let me begin by saying I am obviously new to this forum and I'm not sure if this post had already been made or answered. I couldn't find the "search subforum" bar anywhere. Also, why is there no dedicated area for the Sprint LG G2? (Maybe there is, idk)
Anyway, down to my request. Is there any way to add apps to QSlide? I've noticed other devices with QSlide have more (better) features. Such as QSliding the messages app. I'm rooted (iorootv11) on stock firmware and stock recovery.

Keep in mind that you can't add any app to QSlide. The app must be specifically made to use QSlide.

kevinhack
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftstealth View Post
Once rooted you can add in apps from the other G2 variants... For example AT&T and T-Mobile have a Qslide browser. I found the apk in the Verizon G2 section... I will post a link if I see it again. I tried to install it before rooting and the qslide feature didn't work ; after root I can shrink the browser but it's not a shortcut under Q slide apps in the notification tray. I'm currently looking for the messaging app. I'd love to have a thread to help Sprint G2 owners with this, as even the low end Optimus F3 has qslide messaging but we don't on our g2!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Did you ever find that link?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk Pro

kevinhack
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by II_DiE_4 View Post
The QSlide SDK is now open for all.. So any developer can make his/hers apps QSlide compatible. Just need the devs to actually do it.
Thanks for your feedback, il_die

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk Pro