5,594,282 Members 43,047 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tmobile US Sony Z1s Root Bounty ($670.00)

Tip us?

hroark13
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by holabola View Post
All I understood from this is that there is hope.

Sent from my C6916 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
yes there is determinately hope, jcase pretty much confirmed that, he has an exploit that gets root user, and he has a way to bypass /system write protection. He will release his stuff in August, and maybe even sooner if Google has already patched it. Once he releases his stuff, I am sure it can be easily adapted to this phone.

I was gonna try to see if I could get root before that, but I just do not have the knowledge or experience to find unknown vulnerabilities, and make exploits for them.

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by hroark13 View Post
yes there is determinately hope, jcase pretty much confirmed that, he has an exploit that gets root user, and he has a way to bypass /system write protection. He will release his stuff in August, and maybe even sooner if Google has already patched it. Once he releases his stuff, I am sure it can be easily adapted to this phone.

I was gonna try to see if I could get root before that, but I just do not have the knowledge or experience to find unknown vulnerabilities, and make exploits for them.
Nothing needs to be adapted.

LaosPerson
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Or some evil person from Sony/T-Mobile could be watching this whole thread and waiting for the exploit to be out then patch KitKat up lol
Current device: Xperia Z1S C6916

Retired:Galaxy S3 I747, Galaxy Note I717
The Following User Says Thank You to LaosPerson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alexandroid5
Old
Thanks Meter 44

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hroark13 View Post
well I appreciate that, but I could probably find out what I need to find out, if someone that had this phone was willing to do a team viewer session with me

the main thing I would want to find out is, if run_root_shell would work at all

if that work, i could look at the dual recovery and see how to mod it
If you want I'll do the team viewer session with you.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alexandroid5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]