Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,291 Members 46,768 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen Problem with brigtness

Tip us?

asuprice
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Default Screen Problem with brigtness

Anyone having this problem with one side of the screen being brighter? Very noticeable on Grey's and some blues.

Br4nd3n
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Not at all, are you using a custom launcher with a desktop shadowing? Maybe just return it for a new one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dk_iceman
Old
Thanks Meter 25
yep mine is the like that..

in settings menu you can actually see that the top is darker "blue" and the bottom is much brighter "blue" tone...

the same problem was on the Note 3 just not so visible because the menues was black toned

simacca
Old
Thanks Meter 146
Mines similar too. Brighter on left hand side in portrait mode.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dk_iceman
Old
Thanks Meter 25
I don't see a reason to return it for a new one, because it on all Galaxy amoled devices.. S4, Note 3 and S5... I've had 4 Note 3 not because of faults and the all had this problem some more and some less... but it was there...

In the store I work I've seen it on all Galaxy S4 and note 3 devices... it's especially easy to see on a grey color..

on the S5 its a bit easier to se because of the color they choose for the background color in settings menu, you can actually see that on all the S5 devices I've handled including my ovn. the settings background is darker in the top and brighter at the bottom.. they all had a bit of variation..

eyecon82
Old
Thanks Meter 1,649
Using the dead pixels test app, mine is evenly shaded

However, on the settings menu, the top does seem darker than the bottom. It seems samsung intended it to shade it that way

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk