FORUMS

Make Your Network Smart – XDA Xposed Tuesday

We rave about the features and abilities of our smartphones. However, in order for … more

Dr.Ketan Brings The S6 Theme Store To The Note 4

Dr.Ketan has submitted a video to the forums showing a functional port of the Galaxy S6 … more

Do You Have Insurance on Your Smartphone?

While affordable smartphones are becoming more available, the majority of high-end flagships … more

Apple Music Will Increase iTunes Match to 100,000 Songs

The battle for music streaming subscription dominance is starting to really heat … more

Screen Problem with brigtness

61 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By asuprice, Member on 12th April 2014, 02:40 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Anyone having this problem with one side of the screen being brighter? Very noticeable on Grey's and some blues.

12th April 2014, 02:58 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Not at all, are you using a custom launcher with a desktop shadowing? Maybe just return it for a new one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
12th April 2014, 12:23 PM |#3  
Flag Denmark - Sundby Mors
Thanks Meter: 26

More
yep mine is the like that..

in settings menu you can actually see that the top is darker "blue" and the bottom is much brighter "blue" tone...

the same problem was on the Note 3 just not so visible because the menues was black toned
13th April 2014, 03:52 PM |#4  
Flag Kent, uk
Thanks Meter: 161

More
Mines similar too. Brighter on left hand side in portrait mode.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
13th April 2014, 04:53 PM |#5  
Flag Denmark - Sundby Mors
Thanks Meter: 26

More
I don't see a reason to return it for a new one, because it on all Galaxy amoled devices.. S4, Note 3 and S5... I've had 4 Note 3 not because of faults and the all had this problem some more and some less... but it was there...

In the store I work I've seen it on all Galaxy S4 and note 3 devices... it's especially easy to see on a grey color..

on the S5 its a bit easier to se because of the color they choose for the background color in settings menu, you can actually see that on all the S5 devices I've handled including my ovn. the settings background is darker in the top and brighter at the bottom.. they all had a bit of variation..
14th April 2014, 05:05 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1,654

More
Using the dead pixels test app, mine is evenly shaded

However, on the settings menu, the top does seem darker than the bottom. It seems samsung intended it to shade it that way

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread