Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,052 Members 40,290 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't change dpi :(

Tip us?

jfreund
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default [Q] Can't change dpi :(

Got my S5 from the T-mo store last night, rooted it, and installed TWRP. I've tried changing the dpi using BuildProp Editor from the play store. The editor requested and was granted root. I changed the lcd_density value from 480 to 360 and saved the change. BuildProp Editor asked to restart, and I let it. On reboot, though, nothing changed. Do I need to change permissions on build.prop?

mocsab
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfreund View Post
Got my S5 from the T-mo store last night, rooted it, and installed TWRP. I've tried changing the dpi using BuildProp Editor from the play store. The editor requested and was granted root. I changed the lcd_density value from 480 to 360 and saved the change. BuildProp Editor asked to restart, and I let it. On reboot, though, nothing changed. Do I need to change permissions on build.prop?
Have you tried using any of the Exposed Framework aps? I beleive there are some that allow you to mess with DPI - I have installed Exposed and am using a couple of the Exposed Framework aps like Gravity and Wannam Exposed to modify my status bar and a few other things - so it seems that Exposed plays nicely with the S5 ....Hope this helps...
My Phone Galaxy S5 G900T
My Rom: | Alliance 4.1 | CyanogenMod 11.0 | Android 4.4.4 KitKat (KLTE - UNIFIED)
My Recovery: TWRP
Kernel: KT-SGS5 - with KTWEAKER
My Carrier - ATT

Former Devices: ☆Galaxy Note 3☆HTC ONE☆Galaxy S IV☆Galaxy Note II☆Galaxy S3☆EVO 4g LTE☆Nexus☆Epic 4G☆Treo(W)☆Palm Treo☆(P)
The Following User Says Thank You to mocsab For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jfreund
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Thanks! The App Settings module for xposed did what I wanted.

Docmjldds
Old
(Last edited by Docmjldds; 14th April 2014 at 06:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocsab View Post
Have you tried using any of the Exposed Framework aps? I beleive there are some that allow you to mess with DPI - I have installed Exposed and am using a couple of the Exposed Framework aps like Gravity and Wannam Exposed to modify my status bar and a few other things - so it seems that Exposed plays nicely with the S5 ....Hope this helps...
Thanks for the confirm that Xposed works. Love having my clock in the center
EDIT: PS...the Gravity Box settings for the advanced power menu items works too, including adding screen shot. The APM module by another developer did not work, but he did state he was discontinuing any updates or help...for now. For those interested, the additional settings for the Power menu restart (reboot, soft reboot, recovery, bootloader) are in Gravity Box module, then Power Tweaks.
Retired Nexus One on T-MOB
Retired Sensation
Retired Galaxy S2
Retired Galaxy S3
Retired Galaxy S4

T-Mob SM-G900T Samsung Galaxy S5 <<<<<<The new kid on the block April 11,2014
Sandisk 64Gb Class 10
Not affiliated anymore with any ROM, Developer,
or anyone or anything that may be construed as
a base for Trolling