Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Can't change dpi :(

OP jfreund

12th April 2014, 07:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10

43 posts
Got my S5 from the T-mo store last night, rooted it, and installed TWRP. I've tried changing the dpi using BuildProp Editor from the play store. The editor requested and was granted root. I changed the lcd_density value from 480 to 360 and saved the change. BuildProp Editor asked to restart, and I let it. On reboot, though, nothing changed. Do I need to change permissions on build.prop?
12th April 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #2  
Flag West Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 729

2,599 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfreund

Got my S5 from the T-mo store last night, rooted it, and installed TWRP. I've tried changing the dpi using BuildProp Editor from the play store. The editor requested and was granted root. I changed the lcd_density value from 480 to 360 and saved the change. BuildProp Editor asked to restart, and I let it. On reboot, though, nothing changed. Do I need to change permissions on build.prop?

Have you tried using any of the Exposed Framework aps? I beleive there are some that allow you to mess with DPI - I have installed Exposed and am using a couple of the Exposed Framework aps like Gravity and Wannam Exposed to modify my status bar and a few other things - so it seems that Exposed plays nicely with the S5 ....Hope this helps...
The Following User Says Thank You to mocsab For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th April 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10

43 posts
Thanks! The App Settings module for xposed did what I wanted.
14th April 2014, 06:34 AM   |  #4  
Flag Henderson, NV
Thanks Meter: 434

4,228 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocsab

Have you tried using any of the Exposed Framework aps? I beleive there are some that allow you to mess with DPI - I have installed Exposed and am using a couple of the Exposed Framework aps like Gravity and Wannam Exposed to modify my status bar and a few other things - so it seems that Exposed plays nicely with the S5 ....Hope this helps...

Thanks for the confirm that Xposed works. Love having my clock in the center
EDIT: PS...the Gravity Box settings for the advanced power menu items works too, including adding screen shot. The APM module by another developer did not work, but he did state he was discontinuing any updates or help...for now. For those interested, the additional settings for the Power menu restart (reboot, soft reboot, recovery, bootloader) are in Gravity Box module, then Power Tweaks.
Last edited by Docmjldds; 14th April 2014 at 07:10 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread