Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,248 Members 39,490 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ZTE Grand X In Battery Drain Issue

Tip us?

htc_touch_cruise
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] ZTE Grand X In Battery Drain Issue

To describe the issue first.

There are many battery drain processes, applications. I saw that one of the biggest issues related to my ZTE Grand X In battery drain problems are mostly related to WiFi.

Explanation (all in sleep mode):

- When WiFi is off (and Airplane mode on) battery drain is 0-1 % during 1 hour;
- When WiFi is on (and Airplane mode on) and I am at the home Access Point environment, battery drain is 1-2 % during 1 hour;
- When WiFi is on (and Airplane mode on) and I am outside any Access Point environment, battery drain is 2-3 % during 1 hour;
- When WiFi is on (and Airplane mode on) and I am at an Access Point environment where Android is getting connection but does not get IP address so it is repeating obtain IP address process, battery drain is 4-5 % during 1 hour;

On ZTE Grand X In there is Android ICS 4.0.4.

I am emphasizing that I have Huawei Ascend Y300. It has Android JB, and it is almost not affected at all by mentioned WiFi issues, all the time, in any environment (I mentioned in this post) it has low battery drain.

As I saw there are some programs which are checking those WiFi different situations and then try to resolve issues. For Huawei, I simply do not need any program, everything is okay. For ZTE seems that there is no perfect program, I have to say there are nice programs, but still not perfect for resolving this issue.

What would be the best to do (on rooted Android smartphone) to change frequency (inside build.prop or any other file) of checking, obtaining IP address, to optimize that, not to have huge battery drain because of WiFi environment?

Thanks for any opinion, which may be helpful.

AndroidsX
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Your Handheld is Root or not?

if Your handheld is Rooted.. try Paste This Code to your Build.prop..

HTML Code:
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=180
pm.sleep_mode=1
ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0
if Not..try to change the network mode

================================================== ==========================================
Press Thanks Button if I Helped You
NO MORE HAVEN'T TO BE A MASTER

Sorry My English is Soo weak

/// FOLLOW ME ON \\\

My FaceBookMy Twitter
The Following User Says Thank You to AndroidsX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

htc_touch_cruise
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidsX View Post
Your Handheld is Root or not?

if Your handheld is Rooted.. try Paste This Code to your Build.prop..

HTML Code:
pm.sleep_mode=1
ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0
if Not..try to change the network mode

================================================== ==========================================
Press Thanks Button if I Helped You
NO MORE HAVEN'T TO BE A MASTER

Sorry My English is Soo weak

/// FOLLOW ME ON \\\

My FaceBookMy Twitter

Yes, the phone is rooted. I already had the:

Code:
I added other two lines.

It is not providing some significant improvement. Still there is big battery drain when access point is available - the type which is enabling connection, but not providing access to the network without password. So, I may see that the device is connected, but if password is not entered access to the network is not available.

Other modes (WiFi) are taking more battery as well, compared to Huawei Ascend Y300.

Again, this ZTE Grand X In has Android ICS 4.0.4. I cannot be sure if that contributes this problem or not. The mentioned Huawei has Android JB and much better battery optimization.

I checked few battery optimization applications, have to say - did not get some improvement.
Tags
android, battery, battery drain, drain, zte grand x in