OP _StormZ_

14th April 2014, 06:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
Hi all,

Been reading a lot of the excellent information from the various threads on the Android head units. Thoroughly excited then quite disappointed when errors seem to be commonplace after a short time.

So which in your esteemed knowledge is currently the best of the Chinese Android Head Units, for reliability and functionality?

Personally, I've had units in the past from Eonon and Chinavasion, and they both developed errors after a while (the Chinavasion unit was much better though, it's only issue's were the GPS failing (just died), and some intermittant errors which a power recycle (turn off/on) sorted out.

I have a Pioneer touch-screen unit in the car at the moment, and although it's been super reliable, having to convert video's to specific Divx resolutions is a major pita.

So I've been researching for a touch-screen unit which can handle multiple video formats without having to convert too many on my pc beforehand. Not bothered about GPS, bluetooth, or DVD. Just want video, usb port on the front (proper usb connection, not micro/mini), and radio. And obviously the ability to customise to my own tastes. This will be for a Nissan Cubic we just bought, and will be connected to a rear flip-down monitor and reverse camera.

Btw, which is better for reliability: Pure Android, or Android with WinCE? According to the Wiki, Android is just the pretty face of the MCU, so what's the point of pure Android?

Omarko is a forum member who I also have chatted to on Whirlpool. He had a bit of a nightmare with one unit (from AliBaba), which is based on this build:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2528349

He then ordered the following unit, which he says has been very reliable so far:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....:X:RTQ:AU:1123

Would you suggest this as one of the better built units?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread