Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,151 Members 51,137 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Looking at purchasing a moto g

Tip us?

KyleFoxx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up [Q] Looking at purchasing a moto g

I currently own a Nexus 4 as my main device and I am looking at purchasing the Moto G as a spare phone to replace my S3 which I will be selling to someone who really needs it

Now, I've had my Nexus 4 for nearly 2 years now and I love it but there a few little things that I want to ask about the Moto G that I want to have that's on my Nexus 4, if that makes sense

I currently have the Google Experience Launcher on my Nexus and I love the transparency, even if it only does it on the home screen. My concern is since the Moto G as far as I know is stock with a few little changes by Motorola, I'm worried that there won't be any transparency on the notification bar and the touch screen buttons. Does anyone know that if I install Google Expierience Launcher on the Moto G, will the notification bar and the buttons be transparent as well? I did have an HTC One for a while which didn't have a transparent bar and that to me was rather annoying.

Thanks

petraru1
Old
(Last edited by petraru1; 14th April 2014 at 08:45 AM.)
Thanks Meter 328

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleFoxx View Post
I currently own a Nexus 4 as my main device and I am looking at purchasing the Moto G as a spare phone to replace my S3 which I will be selling to someone who really needs it

Now, I've had my Nexus 4 for nearly 2 years now and I love it but there a few little things that I want to ask about the Moto G that I want to have that's on my Nexus 4, if that makes sense

I currently have the Google Experience Launcher on my Nexus and I love the transparency, even if it only does it on the home screen. My concern is since the Moto G as far as I know is stock with a few little changes by Motorola, I'm worried that there won't be any transparency on the notification bar and the touch screen buttons. Does anyone know that if I install Google Expierience Launcher on the Moto G, will the notification bar and the buttons be transparent as well? I did have an HTC One for a while which didn't have a transparent bar and that to me was rather annoying.

Thanks
The notification and bar buttons are transparent on 4.4.2 on any launcher.
The phone is stock like the nexus 4, so you will be familiar with the OS. Motorola put only a few apps that to me are usefull
The awsome Moto G
------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy Express GT-i8730 - sold
------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy Advance GT-i9070 - sold
ROM: LightJB
kernel: CoCore-E 6.2
Alternative ROOT method for JellyBean