Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,355 Members 39,569 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Run crond from init.d

Tip us?

Jaman42
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Run crond from init.d

Hi,
I have a Radxa Rock on which I am running Android 4.2.2, I am trying to get cron working to schedule some scripts to run.

I have got init.d working to launch a script at boot but I can't seem to be able to start crond from it. I have installed SSHDroid on the unit so I can putty to it, if I putty to the device and run
Code:
crond -b -c /data/crontab
cron starts and everything is running fine.

But when I add
Code:
to my init.d script nothing happends and I can't seem to figure out why.

This is the full contents of my init.d script:
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
# Init.d test

if [ -e /data/Test.log ]; then
rm /data/Test.log
fi

echo  Init.d is indeed working !!! >> /data/Test.log
echo "excecuted on $(date +"%d-%m-%Y %r" )" >> /data/Test.log

What am I doing wrong?

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 487

DONATE TO ME
Can't say this is my forte, but maybe something from this thread can get you pointed in the right direction: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2090284
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)

Jaman42
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you for your answer

I tried updating and using the full path to the crond but that wasn't working either. Then I realized that it wasn't working via putty either with full path. My conclusion was that I was using the wrong path, found out I could run "which crond" to find the correct path which was completely different. In my case "/data/data/berserker.android.apps.sshdroid/home/.bin/crond -b -c /data/crontab" was the full path and now it's working just fine.

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 487

DONATE TO ME
Cool. Glad you're on the right track!
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)