5,597,261 Members 38,588 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] [XOOM2/XYBoard]: How to update Xyboard wifi (MZ607) to Jelly Bean (4.1.2)

Tip us?

pcesars
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentissmith View Post
Please, somebody help me...
Your tablet is bricked. Like mine. You can't downgrade. With mine NONE of the MZ-608 firmwares on the droid developers will flash. Every single one fails when writing 'boot'. I've even got a factory cable in eBay trying to unbrick it, but it didnt work.

Next step, Motorola Service.

phanzer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielMX View Post
I didn't make the update myself but the Xoom 2 ME unnoficial blog have a lot of brazilians feedbacks on suceceful instalation and the tutorial translated.
Thank you! I will try in june or july, just to stay monetarily prepared to buy another tablet in case of failure, lol

surfing19
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Update Success!!

Thanks so much.. I update my us xyboard 8.2 mz607 with your instructions and it work GREAT.. Was a little nervous about doing it, but since I had already went out and bought a new Samsung Note 8, just to have the latest android version, this xyboard as it was on 4.0 was nothing more then a paper weight.. Now since it is on 4.1, it brings a new life to the xyboard...

GoldFalchion
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Dead Link For Root (ICS Xyboard 10.1)

Dear forumers,

I'm new to the forums here, an owner of a xyboard 10.1 non-verizon (international set) looking to upgrade to jellybean but...

the link for the root for ICS seems to be dead.

any alternative links?

GoldFalchion
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Solved. Root success

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldFalchion View Post
Dear forumers,

I'm new to the forums here, an owner of a xyboard 10.1 non-verizon (international set) looking to upgrade to jellybean but...

the link for the root for ICS seems to be dead.

any alternative links?

The above query was solved by NWKENT in another thread.

Root successfull for MZ616

---------- Post added at 02:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentissmith View Post
Can you guys help me, please? I flashed the JB on a xoom2 MZ616 and didnt like it because 3G was gone; my tablet is brazilian. Since then I have been trying to roll ROM back to any backward version, but I get below error. What can be done to fix it?

----------------------------------------------
C:\Users\ASDRF\Desktop\Xoom2\1.6.0M-272.18_MZ616_p2HW_BlurRegion01_CFC1FF_fastboot_sig ned_latam.xml>fastboot flash boot boot_signed
sending 'boot' (8192 KB)... OKAY [ 0.859s]
writing 'boot'... INFOPreflash validation failure
FAILED (remote: )
----------------------------------------------

The other flashed files go with success, but only boot_signed doesnt go smooth.

Thank you
Dear agentissmith,

I am not sure if you are using the wrong fastboot file? Since the current thread is for MZ-60x rather than your MZ616.

Maybe the instructions on this thread will help.

I own a MZ616 too and am currently trying it out.

chrisinleedsuk
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Has anyone managed to get rid of the CID error message on boot? Also, if I charge mine whilst switched off it switches itself on , anyone else getting this behaviour?